Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about getting a decent pair of bino's and have it narrowed down to these two models. Either would be in the 8x42 offering. Anyone have practical low-light experience with either one? I've had a chance to look thru the ATB and was impressed, but couldn't find too many dark areas to look into. Your thoughts and opinions are much appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nikon ATB are awesome with great low-light capabilities. You might want to go to the 8X42 for a little more light gathering ability if that is a major concern.

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
They don't make the Nikon ATB's any more. The new model is the Nikon Monarch. They have a sleeker rubberized housing, more compact and nice twist out eyecups. Great improvements. My buddies and I have both the Monarchs and the ATB's. They are awesome optics. I like Pentax too, but for the same price . . .I will go with Nikon any day. We've had great luck with ours.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I've been using a pair of Nikon Monarch 10x40s for a couple of years, and I'm VERY happy with them... I paid just under $300 for them, and I would highly recommend them... Combined with the Nikon Buckmaster 800 lazer rangefinder, it's a combo that's tough to beat...

- georgestrings

·
Banned
11,666 Posts
I have a Pentax DCF-WP 8 x 42. Not the II. They're good but the eyecup piece is plastic. They took a small drop and broke. Not very durable to me. I also have a Tasco EXP 8X42. They actually seem better than the Pentax. They were only $99. I'm going to wait and get a better pair (spelled $$$) before investing in a mid range pair.

I've looked at a lot of them and unless you're going to the top the low to mids don't seem that much better than each other to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts