Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, for those that have dealt with Nikon about their rangefinders, how was your experience?

Heard a couple horror stories and was wondering if they back up their stuff or should I look at Leupold. Thanks

· This is gonna Hoyt....
2,027 Posts
My buddy had a Nikon rangefinder crap on him, they wanted $170 to "fix" it. He ended up tossing them.

I read this somewhere on AT last year:
I thought my Nikon 440 was on the brink. It was only reading ranges of 25yds or so, otherwise blanking on me. Well, I started doing a little research, and found that there is a reset procedure to reset the electronics, and restore it's function!!! Saved me $200 I was thinking I was gonna need to spend before I head west for my Elk Hunt!!!! Hallelujah, what a relief.

If any of you guys has a Nikon 440 that is acting up here is what you need to do to "reset" the electronics and hopefully restore function......

"Hold both the mode and power buttons down for 30 seconds simultaneously, and it SHOULD reset the electronics, and restore you're rangefinder to it's original working order."

If this helps ONE GUY I'm gonna be very happy as it saved me $200-250 this morning when I reset mine.

· sdebrot
389 Posts
I had problems with my Leupold first time Cabelas replaced second time Leupold replaced. So far 1 year no problems, awesome customer service from Leupold. Just for consideration I also own Nikon binocs and love them but have not had to deal with nikon customer service.

· Registered
445 Posts
My son dropped my $1400 Nikon Permier LX-L binoculars out the truck window as we were going down the road. Needless to say they were beat to hell. I sent them in to Nikon fully expecting to pay for all repairs. Instead they sent me a brand new, in the box pair to replace mine as they were beyond repair. I never paid a dime. Doesn't get much better than that.

· cosmo
1,929 Posts
nikon service is a joke i sent in a week old archers choice range finder and it was a mess from day one they make a great product but after dealling with them i wont own a nikon produc

· Registered
842 Posts
I had some Nikon binocs with a 25 year warranty. The left eypiece fell and broke. I filled out their online form and ups'd them to them. They emailed me a link to track the status. They came back today free of charge. One week turnaround. I was impressed.

· Registered
30 Posts
sent one in that quit and it was only four months old I included the reciept. after a month i called them and they could not find it. My Buddy is a manager at fed ex wich is who I shipped it through. He was able to tell me the date they recieved it and even the guy's name that signed for it. Called them back again with tha t info and they confirmed that they had it. And I never heard from them again. Never will buy anything from them I should have pushed the subject with some calls to some outside help but I got lazy about the matter.

· Registered
87 Posts
Guys I work for Nikon and I can tell you we are constantly working on Customer Service. As you know, standing behind your products is what really makes a companies reputation strong. I can tell you for a fact we have a very very small number of products that require service after the sale, but if it is yours we also understand that you want it fixed correctly and quickly. We try to do just that and if you have problems we want to hear about them so that we can fix them. I have been a part time employee of Nikon Sport Optics for 3 months and a consumer of Nikon Products for 15 + years. While I have never sent anything back to customer service, I would like the opportunity to help you if you do have a prolem with one of our optics products.
Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Bart
Nikon Pro Staff

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.