Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Archers Helping Archers
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m sure that most of you guys have probably seen this video, but just wanted to get everybody’s thoughts.

http://clashradio.com/DVD/sullivan-video/

Personally… (now this is just my own opinion) I’m not a big fan of how the video portrays hunters. Mark Sullivan trophy photos are kind of unethical…

·
Registered
15,585 Posts
Absolute bull**** and disgusting...
And I emailed him and told him so.

Goes against everything I've ever been taught about hunting....
And I've been at it 30 years.

I just fail to see the point

·
Registered
385 Posts
Yes, a real egotist. As I understand it, most of the animals who charge him have been purposly wounded to make escape difficult and a last ditch charge more likely. A real sportsman..........

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Wow... You know, I would pretty much hunt anything, but for some reason I just dont think Id be able to let myself kill an Elephant... Theres just something about it.. Ive watched a couple shows on tv where they hunt elephants and I just kinda cringe.. I kinda feel the same way about Hippos.. Is the meat good? I just couldnt see myself blasting an elephant in the head or boiler room 10 times..

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
why couldn't that gun just misfire one time ? he is the kind of person that gives hunters a bad name .

·
Registered
84 Posts
I agree about giving hunters a bad name. In my opinion hunting in africa has become a shooting gallery for trigger happy huligans, not for true hunters that appreciate what our way of life is all about. Plus i can hardly stand to watch a hippo or elephant hunt, you might as well be shooting a pet cow.

·
Registered
40,174 Posts
guys this is how this stuff is done.... its no different than what Teddy Roosevelt and many others since have been doing ...most of those hunts especially the elephant hunts are deprivation or problem animal hunts ... I know what you are saying " why cant they show hunting for what it really is " A couple drunk guys sitting in lawn chairs in the back of a pickup truck shooting animals that will probably get away thats what I see more and more every time I go out ... I think its interesting to see those hunts .. those guys are taking their lives in their own hands .... I'm just jealous cuz I cant afford to hunt hippo and cape buffalo hell I couldn't buy his shells at 50.00 a pop

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I also don't see the point in what he does. He should try to make a quick, swift kill and to me it looks like he does what he has to to get the animals to charge him and I agree with someone else that he probably purposely injures them or makes them mad to get them to charge. I do not agree with what he does and will never buy any of his videos.

I just prefer to hunt things that will more than likely run from you as opposed to charging you.

Just a side note......he must have some huge [email protected]&@S to try something like that though.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have seen this and do own 4 of his DVDs I do have to agree that some stuff is crigeing to watch but each to his own if you dont like some thing dont wach it if you like it wach it, I too have herd some roomers on the way he dose his "Hunts" but I am not one to judge him. I like watching his DVDs

Sean: the gun he uses is a .600 Nitro Express and one shot is about $75-$85+ a shot and Holand and Holand are pritty much the only retailers that you can buy it from unless you reload and I think the dies run $250

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
I want that shotgun whatever it is:eek:

Only a matter of time before Marky's unkwowingly starring in a snuff video:rolleyes:

·
Registered
899 Posts
Kelly Johnson said:
I want that shotgun whatever it is:eek:
That ain't no shotgun...its a 700 Nitro Express double!!!

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I know for a fact he has been kicked out of a least one country in Africa for intentional wounding and over shooting his limits of game.To say shooting a Hippo or elephant is like shooting a cow is about a as dumb as it gets.I read alot about past & current hunt and they are anything but easy and are extremley dangerous so give credit where credit is due.On the other hand Mark is an egomaniac but damn that guy has brass ball and can shoot.That gun hes using is probably inthe 6 figure neighbor hood.

·
Registered
224 Posts
That gun is a .600 Nitro Express by Holland & Holland the gun is worth close to $20,000 and the rounds will run $75-$85 a shot the bullets waigh 900grs and cost $80 for 20 bullets and the dies are $250 that is the cheeper dies I have not found the price yet on the Brass....

I have a .500 S&W mag in a rifle and it is a hand full I would love to own a .600 Nitro for show

1 - 14 of 14 Posts