Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Yesterday the top cam drawstring peg literally snapped off during a shot on my Scepter V. A shame as the bow was shooting very well.

I'm after replacements and with a 30" draw either one left hand Nitro 1.5 or a pair of either the 2 or the more recent 3S or 3L. Could you PM me if you have any of these you'd be willing to sell please.

Does anybody now if there is an equivalent replacement? I saw in an earlier thread that the newer Martin Smoke cams are a direct replacement? Are there any others? I have emailed martin but not yet heard back.

Also is it common for a draw string peg to sheer off? I guess metal fatigue, i have had the bow since 2013??

thanks all

Scoop

·
Registered
753 Posts
You could try contacting Martin, their Helix cam might be the same as the Smoke, Nitro and Hybrix cams. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
The Nitro and the Smoke cams are The same cam with small changes. String and cables stayed the same when I switched mine over.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Nitro and the Smoke cams are The same cam with small changes. String and cables stayed the same when I switched mine over.
Thank you for the confirmation, that gives me at least one other option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You could try contacting Martin, their Helix cam might be the same as the Smoke, Nitro and Hybrix cams. Good luck!
Thank you, I’ll give them a call and see if I can find out more on how their other newer cams compare to the Nitro. I’ll report back....

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
You won’t need left handed cams as I’m pretty sure you could take cams off a right handed bow, switch them from top to bottom and vice versa, and they would work.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Makaveli is correct. My 2011 left handed Shadowcat came that way from the factory. I recently ordered new cables and string from Extreme Strings we had a discussion about this and he contacted Martin and confirmed that was correct.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts