• Standard axles

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Somewhere in between

Votes: 5 13.2%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
1,021 Posts
I like the wide axles. They allow for total clearence of any arrow vane combo.

·
Extreme Opinionated One
44,331 Posts
I use wide on my Scepter III for indoor. I have to. Quickspins on 2512s dont fit with just the standard axles.

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
I put the wide axles on all mine. With the additional bushings used it allows for meovement to a different groove so whichever fletching you're using you have your choice of what groove to put the cables in.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
bfisher said:
I put the wide axles on all mine. With the additional bushings used it allows for meovement to a different groove so whichever fletching you're using you have your choice of what groove to put the cables in.
DITTO

It depends a little on the axle to axle. the longer axles to axles the more likely you will need the wide axles. I general shoot these bows with an open stance. This allows a lot of arm clearance, so I usually shoot in the wide position even if the arrow doen't need it.

If your main interest is in spots use the wide axles and adjust your draw to the best accuracy. Having too long of a draw with a spot bow will only lead to one thing, a lower X count. I usually shoot my target bows with about 1 to 1.5 inches less draw for a steadier hold and activation of a hinged back tension release.

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
Deezlin,

You're right about the axle to asle varying things. I have a 2005 ShadowCat SE (32"), nitrous X (custom shop bow) for hunting. Shooting Gold Tip 22 series with Duravane 4" low proflie vanes I can still shoot the standard axles with plenty of clearance. 9 3/8" brace height helps with the arm clearance, as does a home-made STS mounted where the cable rod would go.

·
Registered
17,864 Posts
Wide axles on the inner spacer.
I'm just a hair above being able to use the short axles and lose the washer.
Next time I order vanes I'll get one that is slightly shorter.

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
wide, but I'm shooting fingers...

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
When I was shooting Martins, I used standard axles with Barnsdale Doovawapi's. The limbs were not nearly as prone to twisting as with wide axles, and even had a little more clearance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The wide axles will give you much more clearance when shooting fat shafts indoor. I have not seen any negative side effects of using the wide axles over the standard.

Shooter.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I've found that with the wide axles, a single twist applies more torque to that side of the limb than the regular axles. It's a little harder to get both sides exactly even. Also, the cables take a more angled path across the draw stops.

That's why I liked the Doovawapi's. It let me actually put the cable spacers on backwards, which put the ends of the cables right next to the limbs, greatly reducing torque on the limbs, and allowing the cables to run right down the length of the draw stops, improving the wall a little. I could still fit 2613's with feathers, too.

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
Wide on top, narrow on bottom.

Put the narrow side cables inside the wide. The cables won't rub on eachother. Less wear. Last longer.

Or put the wide inside the narrow and get clearence in between what you would with wide axels and narrow axels. ;)

·
Registered
141 Posts
I also prefer the narrow axles with the Duvawappi's. Plenty of clearance even for blazers. I even tweaked them some so my cables don't even rub against each other.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Axles

I use the med. axles.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts