115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a nitrum 34 and changed the limbs from 70# to 50
my question is, on the flex cable roller,
is the little piece of limb material that flexes, the same on a 70# as a 50#

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I do not have a definitive answer, but I would assume it would be the same material for all weights. I say that from a standpoint of trying to streamline manufacturing of different models.

Good luck

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply,
I have a left tear I can't seem to get rid of.
I have shimmed the cams to the left about as far as I can, moved the rest to 3/4 (don't really want to go any more right)
and have twisted the left yoke to about as much pre lean as I can
Have about a 1" left tear, with a 400 fatboy with100 grain points or a 500 spine victory same tear
shooting about 49# at 28"
that's why I thought it might be the cable rollers.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Just spitballing. What happens when you use a really stiff arrow (350 spine)? Most of the newer bows seem to like a stiff spin.

Maybe take some pictures of your setup and tear, I'm sure some of the "supertuners" on here can help.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I’ll add a couple thoughts to the spitballing. I’m as far from a super tuner as it gets but I do have a nitrum 34. I cant answer your question about the roller guard but I’d think it was the same. No prof of that though.

1-Are you sure the deflection on the new limbs are all matched( disclaimer I don’t have a clue how to check that but know it’s important.)
2-Undo everything and start from scratch with the bow set up. I’ve done that just to clear my head and eliminate variables. With everything you’ve tried, that would be my next step. Nock position. Center shot. Cam lean. Shims. I’d start back out at the base set up.
3-Check your cam timing. I’ve had that make some odd l/r tears. Not just vertical.
4-My center shot is 3/4 with a straight vertical cam at full draw. So that’s not a bad start point your at.
5-I 2nd trying the stiffer spine.
6- verify ata, bh draw weight are all in spec. DL too.
7- make sure your limbs are Cranked the same amount of turns.
8-My bow has the best feel when the top cam hits about 3/32 before the bottom In my draw board.
9-when all else fails I start reading the nuts and bolts tuning guide. It’s on here someplace. Always helps me.

You might have tried all that already. But fwiw. Hope you get it worked out.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have done everything you have said, more than once, except playing with the limb deflections

I have shot and tuned bows for about 30 years, I am new to hoyt and the hybrid cams and this is the only one I can't get the left tear out of

·
Registered
993 Posts
I have a couple Nitrum 34s and a Turbo. I believe they are all the same. Nock left tear if you can't get it to tune out is usually a sign of draw length being a little long, which makes you torque the bow a little with your grip. Try torqueing the grip a little one way or the other to see if it clears up. The other thing would be to shorten your draw a little to see if it clears up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts