Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking through the computer today and found some pics everyone might like to see. I had a great season this year and shot a some really nice bucks. I just can't get enough of bowhunting and i already have the itch for the up coming season. Oh, and the turkeys are in trouble on 4-14 this year too :wink:

the first pic is a doe i shot while walking to my stand for an evening hunt. i spotted her and three others feeding along a field edge. took my lone wolf off my back and hid behind a group of pines. Minutes later they were feeding at 40 yards and i made a great double lung shot and she went about 60 yards.

the second pic is of the 7 pt i shot in november during the fall permit season. it was a morning hunt(never forget it my buddy crapped his pants and was back at the truck by the time the sun came up)and i saw him from about a hundred yards away and he came in on a string. made a 12 yard shot and he ran about 30 yards and piled up

third pic is my winter bow kill from a stand 200 yards behind my brothers house. my father in law got picked off in the tree hunting him earlier in the season and i got a crack at him months later. he is a beautiful 8 pt and the shot was at 20 yards and he ran about 70 and piled up

the last buck is a 8 pt i shot during the regular fall bow season. morning hunt and a 35 yard shot. i got some pics of me posing with him but they aren't on my pc. this buck was almost invicible. i saw him about three times and he was always just out off range. i shot him a little far foward and when i went to recover him after about 20 minutes (massive blood trail) he stood up and ran away:eek: i knew he couldn't last much longer and he crashed about 40 yards from there.
hope you like the pics
thanks,
BK

Attachments

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Congrats, you got some really nice deer their.

·
Registered
357 Posts
great nj deer ,this year was preety good for me also i hunted zone 9,13,36

·
crossbows are archery :)
7,078 Posts
Nice looking deer!

It nice to see a fellow Garden stater here on AT! I am a transplant from PA. I hunt both states and love each state! I did pretty well this past year. Taken a few doe and one buck. Congrats! I hunt public land in NJ and there are tons of deer!! SHHHH don't tell anyone tho...lol!:secret::wink:
Koz

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Looking through the computer today and found some pics everyone might like to see. I had a great season this year and shot a some really nice bucks. I just can't get enough of bowhunting and i already have the itch for the up coming season. Oh, and the turkeys are in trouble on 4-14 this year too :wink:

the first pic is a doe i shot while walking to my stand for an evening hunt. i spotted her and three others feeding along a field edge. took my lone wolf off my back and hid behind a group of pines. Minutes later they were feeding at 40 yards and i made a great double lung shot and she went about 60 yards.

the second pic is of the 7 pt i shot in november during the fall permit season. it was a morning hunt(never forget it my buddy crapped his pants and was back at the truck by the time the sun came up)and i saw him from about a hundred yards away and he came in on a string. made a 12 yard shot and he ran about 30 yards and piled up

third pic is my winter bow kill from a stand 200 yards behind my brothers house. my father in law got picked off in the tree hunting him earlier in the season and i got a crack at him months later. he is a beautiful 8 pt and the shot was at 20 yards and he ran about 70 and piled up

the last buck is a 8 pt i shot during the regular fall bow season. morning hunt and a 35 yard shot. i got some pics of me posing with him but they aren't on my pc. this buck was almost invicible. i saw him about three times and he was always just out off range. i shot him a little far foward and when i went to recover him after about 20 minutes (massive blood trail) he stood up and ran away:eek: i knew he couldn't last much longer and he crashed about 40 yards from there.
hope you like the pics
thanks,
BK
Thats some nice deer, good season to say the least. Would be interested in your set up, bow, dw, arrow and bh you used. Congrats on a very good year.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks everyone

hey keep whats up, i saw that post you had up with your daughters first kill. man you must be so excited! yeah i posted the caribou pics i'll send em to you. tell the wife i said hello

my hunting set up is a switchback xt, 70# 26.5 draw shooting cx 250's with 100 grain muzzys. since i switched to these arrows last year i've been smoking everything that comes within 50 yards.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts