Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Long time lurker first time poster here. I can't tell you how much this community has helped me with various archery questions over the years, so thank you. But I've finally stumbled upon something that a Google/forum search can't seem to solve.

I recently bought a Trophy Ridge Micro Hit-man after reading many great reviews. I was looking for a sight that offered 3rd axis adjustability in a price point that I could afford. After doing some research I got the TR Hitman Micro 5. All and all I am very happy with the sight but now that I'm starting to dial it in and tune it I'm running into a road block.

I don't think it has second axis adjustability....... I see the screw for the 3rd axis but I see no way to adjust the second axis. I like to think I'm a pretty smart guy :wink: but I can't locate a second axis adjustment screw to save my life and I'm a little shocked. No where in reviews did I ever read that so it makes me think I'm just missing something obvious.

Does anyone have the TR Hitman Micro that can confirm/correct me?

·
DeaD Middle
4,447 Posts
You are correct. If the level, sight, and mounting surface of the bow are all square your good to go...if not your SOL. They do things like this every year. Last year the "Judge" (I think is the model) came out as a dovetail sight over $100 retail looked like a nice 3D pin sight..no 3RD Axis..other lower end models had the 3rd axis though. A friend used to sales rep this company he could never figure their reasoning out.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are correct. If the level, sight, and mounting surface of the bow are all square your good to go...if not your SOL. They do things like this every year. Last year the "Judge" (I think is the model) came out as a dovetail sight over $100 retail looked like a nice 3D pin sight..no 3RD Axis..other lower end models had the 3rd axis though. A friend used to sales rep this company he could never figure their reasoning out.
Thanks for the reply. Right now I am using a door jam and its a little out of level. I'm going to invest in a more purpose built level to double check. I guess the only option this leaves me is to use some spacing washers or a shim to bring the second axis around if needed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts