Archery Talk Forum banner

No Bias/No Bull; Should I keep the Biscuit?

1511 Views 59 Replies 47 Participants Last post by  oldglorynewbie
I like to shoot for fun a few days a week and I am going to start the occassional 3D tournament, but this is all preparation for hunting season. I started archery in January and have picked it up pretty quick. I am currently shooting a Whisker Biscuit, but there are alot of drop away shooters on here. I just purchased Vapor Trail strings and saw the Limb Driver rest. I don't have alot of time to mess with tuning my bow and I like the no thrills of the Whisker Biscuit, but there is a little voice telling me to try a drop away. For hunting applications and recreational shooting should I keep shooting with a Whisker Biscuit or get a drop away rest?
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

· Shootingairborne
11,350 Posts
If you have good follow though, and goup with the Biscuit stick with it. It has worked great for me and I also have bows set up with a QAD.
Good luck and good shooting.

Aaron

· Banned
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I am out to accomplish; have fun in the spring and summer and harvest some venison in the fall.

· Registered
197 Posts
keep what you shoot well with....but if you REALLY want to change try a capture rest...a coupe of companies make good ones and they are more consistent than whisker biscuits with all the benefits of one...

· Banned
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If I had more time at a local shop to tune and paper test, I would try a drop away. It seems like with the Whisker Biscuit I can forget about the rest and work on form.

· Registered
5,525 Posts
I have seen a couple of folks shooting with the biskit and was not impressed with it as they were all over a single spot target at 20yds.:eek:

I am just gonna stay with my TM hunter rest.:) AC

· Registered
29 Posts
I shoot 3d popup tournaments as well as deer and turkey hunting with a whisker biscuit on a Reezen and a SWBXT.I have hunted in all kinds of adverse weather conditions and never had problems with the WB.I think it is the best all around rest made.That being said ,I have considered the new Mathews drop away rest.I do believe that the drop away rest could be more accurate , but for the average shooter the difference would not be noticeable.

· Registered
3,528 Posts
For 100% repeatable accuracy I feel you must go with a drop away. They are significantly more forgiving and the average shooter should notice a difference in their grouping ability. (especially at 30+ yards)

That being said, many many many deer have met their end from an arrow launched through the Biscuit.

· Registered
4,087 Posts
i have a buddy and a bisquit is all he shoots n he loves them. Whiel i on the other liek the qad. But if the bisquits workin for ya stick with it, just a personal preference if you shoot good with it.

· Registered
10,641 Posts
Tough call. Dropaways are more forgiving, not to say more accurate. If you practice plenty and your form is good then the biscuit will be just as accurate. It is a very good hunting rest, so I would say if you are a hunter who shoots a little 3d stick with the biscuit. I go back and forth, and I honestly shoot the biscuit at hunting ranges, out to 40 yards, as well as I do dropaways. And the reliabilty for hunting keeps me coming back.

· Registered
47,636 Posts
I used a WB when they first came out. They were OK for accuracy, but hell on any vanes or feathers you could put through them at the time. They would even rip vanes and feathers right off the shafts. :mg:

I got a dropaway (a few actually) and will never use a WB again. I don't need full capture. It never helped me harvest an animal or shoot better scores, my arrows don't fall off the rest (or off anything for that matter), and I don't shoot while dangling upside down....which, honestly, is the only thing a WB can do better than a dropaway.

Dropaway rests allow you to change arrows and not have to change the biscuit, they don't make you shoot off a sloppy platform (like the loose fitting hole in the WB), they let you use any vane with any orientation you want, you can turn the cockvane wherever you need it for clearance and they are easier on fletchings than even the newest WBs. And I have yet to have one of mine fail in tens of thousands of shots in the last 8 years or so. Personally, I'd use a TM style before a WB again, and I do at times.

Get a dropaway and try it. If you don't like it put the WB back on. Simple enough. I'll bet you donate the Biscuit to some kid or something, though. ;)

· Registered
983 Posts
It's a tool for a specific job. Is it doing it's job OK? Any specific complaints? If you shoot it well and don't have any specific reason to change, I'd keep the WB and hunt with it this upcoming season. After that, do what you want.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.