Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sat in my double bull this morning for a gobbler. Had birds gobbling on both sides of the property I was on. They went silent for about an hour and a half and then 2 hens led a nice bird in. The hens stayed in front of me for at least 45 minutes, with one taking exception to my deek and putting the smack down on her. Even after she had it lying down she kept at it. The gobbler circled around and was in vegetation directly behind. No shot opportunity.
View attachment 780541

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Good to see the PA birds still active, Sad that they are not talking though. May have something to do with all the front we have moving through here. Was anything else talking this morning...crows?

If you don't mind, what county were you in?

·
Registered
19,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This was in Bucks County. Had some crows sounding off nearby, the birds did not gobble in response. I think this bird had been hunted before, he did a great job of keeping himself concealed, with a shotgun it would have been a slam dunk...I have video but can't figure out how to attach from my cell.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
They have not been talkative here in Lancaster county either, we got one bird on the ground the first day, in Centre county though. (shotgun)

You could try texting the video to your email, just put your e-mail addy in the TO:[ ] box and it should go, that way it will be on your computer and you can upload it to here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts