Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Afternoon AT,

So, I am debating whether to get a Mathews No Cam or a Hoyt Nitrum. I have shot the No Cam and fell in love, but I hear a lot of great talk about the Nitrum. What is your opinion and why? Pros and cons of each? Any help or recommendations is appreciated.

Thank you!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I shot both and was very close to getting the No Cam but the Nitrum just felt better to me.. I do wish I had gone with a 34 over my 30 though.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have the Carbon spyder ZT 34 and love it feels the same as the nitrum I just like the carbon riser for winter time but I did shoot the no cam before I bought it and the bow felt great on the shot and it held on the target real well just wasn't crazy about the draw cycle although it was a 70lb. get the one that fits you best for me it was Hoyt but both are great bows. goodluck

·
Registered
783 Posts
If you can shoot both bows before making your decision, also compare the specs side by side and see what features are most important to you.

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
Two entirely different creatures, you have to decide what is best for you. Both are good bows. Both feel different, I'd look at a 34" Nitrum over the 30", it is a little smoother (IMO), and if you have a short draw, you may check out the turbo, just keep in mind you can shoot less poundage and get the same results. All of them will kill a deer, so it's really up to you. --BB

·
Registered
521 Posts
This shouldnt even be a question, the hoyt hands down... the No cams are huge disappointments.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I shot both and was very close to getting the No Cam but the Nitrum just felt better to me.. I do wish I had gone with a 34 over my 30 though.
^^^^^^^^
What he said. Plus the no cam felt top heavy to me and the hoyt just set there after the shot

·
Registered
234 Posts
This shouldnt even be a question, the hoyt hands down... the No cams are huge disappointments.
I would disagree about it not being a question. You say Hoyt hands down over the NoCam, yet you shoot a Bear Agenda. Great bow but it must have fit you if you own it. I have a NoCam HTR it is a great bow. I shot many bows before buying this bow including the Hoyt Charger, Nitrum 30 and 34 as well as the turbo. I shot several PSE bows a Prime Rival and a Bowtech Boss. They are all nice bows each with their own special thing they bring to the table. I could have bought several bows that were faster for less money. This bow gave me everything I wanted in a bow. Not a disappointment to me or a lot of other owners. Bow preference is a individual choice. It is what you shoot best that matters.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have shot the HTR I prefer the Nitrum 34 over it any. But I know everyone has there own taste on your bow.
Agree it is a individual choice as to what a person wants in a bow.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I would disagree about it not being a question. You say Hoyt hands down over the NoCam, yet you shoot a Bear Agenda. Great bow but it must have fit you if you own it. I have a NoCam HTR it is a great bow. I shot many bows before buying this bow including the Hoyt Charger, Nitrum 30 and 34 as well as the turbo. I shot several PSE bows a Prime Rival and a Bowtech Boss. They are all nice bows each with their own special thing they bring to the table. I could have bought several bows that were faster for less money. This bow gave me everything I wanted in a bow. Not a disappointment to me or a lot of other owners. Bow preference is a individual choice. It is what you shoot best that matters.
I also have a hoyt pro comp elite for target.

If it isnt a disappointment then why are all the mathews pro shooters still shooting the conquest 4? They get a FREE bow and they decided to not get the no-cam, for FREE, and instead use their old, last years model bow. The only pro shooters that even had a no-cam, shoot the chill x or conquest4 instead. I am sorry you bought a sub par, over priced bow, I am however glad that it works great for you!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Two entirely different creatures, you have to decide what is best for you. Both are good bows. Both feel different, I'd look at a 34" Nitrum over the 30", it is a little smoother (IMO), and if you have a short draw, you may check out the turbo, just keep in mind you can shoot less poundage and get the same results. All of them will kill a deer, so it's really up to you. --BB
I do have a short draw(26.5) so I will take your advice and check out the turbo as well. I guess ill have to talk to the archery shop and see if they have all 3 for me to shoot. The main thing I would shoot would be deer, but I would also like to hunt bear and elk eventually as well. I appreciate the advice!

·
Registered
17,389 Posts
Good Afternoon AT,

So, I am debating whether to get a Mathews No Cam or a Hoyt Nitrum. I have shot the No Cam and fell in love, but I hear a lot of great talk about the Nitrum. What is your opinion and why? Pros and cons of each? Any help or recommendations is appreciated.

Thank you!
if you're hunting, go with the Hoyt, if you're target shooting, go with the mathews.

or
go with which ever one fits you the best.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I also have a hoyt pro comp elite for target.

If it isnt a disappointment then why are all the mathews pro shooters still shooting the conquest 4? They get a FREE bow and they decided to not get the no-cam, for FREE, and instead use their old, last years model bow. The only pro shooters that even had a no-cam, shoot the chill x or conquest4 instead. I am sorry you bought a sub par, over priced bow, I am however glad that it works great for you!
Again bows are a personal choice. I have a longbow that has bamboo cores not even close to my compounds in speed. It was a $950 bow and it is nowhere near sub par again a preference. Killed many hogs and deer with it. The Nocam is a nice bow. Like I said I could have bought several bows that were faster for less money I chose the Mathews NoCam HTR. Bless your heart! I am happy you made the right choice for you!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought the nocam with 75 percent mods. Had nothing but problems with it from day 1. The bow tech that set it up took the mods out when he put it on the press and forgot to put them back in and it dry fired it when pulling back. It had to be sent back to mathews to get put back together. When I got it back something wasn't right I was holding 30 lbs at full draw. They said to Send it back again, at that point I told them I want a different bow.So they gave me the chillx. Nothing but problems with that. Bad left tear so now I have to send it back

·
Registered
521 Posts
Again bows are a personal choice. I have a longbow that has bamboo cores not even close to my compounds in speed. It was a $950 bow and it is nowhere near sub par again a preference. Killed many hogs and deer with it. The Nocam is a nice bow. Like I said I could have bought several bows that were faster for less money I chose the Mathews NoCam HTR. Bless your heart! I am happy you made the right choice for you!
While I do agree the bow must fit the user, there still comes a line in the sand where the equipment and technology are sub par, if you can give me one good explanation why the mathews shooters dont shoot their new flagship bows that they get for free id be happy to listen to it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Well, both are great bows I was looking at the No-cam vs Podium. i picked the Podium because it was more of what I wanted and it felt a little better to me.

You could just narrow it all down to one simple factor, Is the Mathews worth the extra money over the Hoyt? Does it offer you something that the Nitrum can't? The No-cam sells for $1599, the Nitrum turbo is $999. You could have a nearly complete bow with arrows if you choose the hoyt for the bare price of the No-cam. How often do you shoot and will it make that big a difference for the length of ownership?
You have to answer these questions for yourself.. Let us know what you end up choosing and why. Good Luck!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts