Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,863 Posts
I shot this bow quite a bit at work and I really liked it as well.....too bad they seem to be higher priced than other used bows(Mathews)...I would buy one if I didn't think they were overpriced in the used market...jmo tho.....Grizz

·
Registered
446 Posts
Id like to pick one up as a second bow. Wish i could get the one I sold back.

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
They lacked speed. They were referred to as SLOW CAM, at the time. That's why they've gone away.

They were some of the smoothest drawing, sweetest shooting, most quiet bows ever built, though.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Most Mathews bows have a 2yr life span and then discontinued. The Nocam cam system evolved into the halon crosscentric cam

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
A love it or hate it bow... I'm of the latter group and can't wait to pass mine along.

·
33,181 Posts
One of the best bows I have owned............ may be the easiest shooting bow I have had in my hand.

·
The Impartial Archer
18,756 Posts
A love it or hate it bow... I'm of the latter group and can't wait to pass mine along.
X10. I had one and I don't even care about speed at all. When I say that I can back it up...…….my bow shoots 218 FPS! That said the No cam "IMO" was not smooth......it was hard to pull for the whole cycle.....so I would say it's consistently hard to pull but not smooth.

It was quiet but no more quiet than my Commander. It was faster than my Commander but only about 6 FPS if I remember correctly. So I sold mine while they were hot.....glad I did. I really think if they were good they would still be around or they would have expanded the line more. It's all about $$$

·
The Impartial Archer
18,756 Posts
I dont know but mine is the quietest and most accurate purely hunting bow ive ever had
I don't doubt that and that's why so many of us tell people to shoot the bows before they buy them. I took a gamble when I bought mine and got it cheap used so I didn't shoot it first. On paper it looked perfect....that's why I rolled the dice.

But people are different and so are their opinions. No right or wrong it's just the way it is. If it wasn't that way companies would only offer one bow...….the "best" one.....the one everyone liked. There would be no need to make different models. Then one beer, one soda, one pair of jeans and one pickup truck too and the world would be a much more simple place...……..lol.

·
Registered
8,279 Posts
It or a close relative will come back around. When they feel the market’s ready for a sales pitch about the latest, greatest bow ever, they’ll make the move, and when they’ve made what they feel is max profit, it’ll give way to the next latest, greatest bow ever, again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Bows just don't hold value very well. Everyone wants the latest and greatest. Its like buying a car

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
I've never been in a Mathews dominated bow shop where when you asked to shoot "a few bows" the first one they put in your hand was a well tuned Mathews. When the NoCam came out, that's the first bow they wanted me to shoot. I took a shot and they looked at me like - isn't that the most fantastic piece of equipment God ever introduced into the bow world? My opinion - it had the absolute funkiest draw cycle I've ever felt on a bow! However, at the shot, it was the quietest, most vibration free bow I'd ever shot as well. Truly amazing feel at the shot, but oh that draw cycle!

Now, I'm a believer that I could probably get used to any decent bow on the market given two weeks. However, I sure didn't think I needed to part with $1100 at the time to have to get used to that draw cycle!

·
12,014 Posts
Wish I never sold my stone NO CAM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
I currently own a lost camo No Cam. It's my first ever compound bow. I too am wondering why they are going so cheap for only being 3 years old and a very nice shooting bow. I understand that they may be a little slower than some other bows but they will pass through a whitetail just fine. They are extremely dead in the hand, dead silent, and very accurate too. I can't comment on the draw cycle as i've only really shot 3 other bows. It is a little top heavy though... takes a little to get it steady at full draw. I am looking to shoot a Centergy and Logic, if I like those enough I might have to part ways with my No Cam!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts