Archery Talk Forum banner

No communication from 3 Rivers Archery

5212 Views 32 Replies 21 Participants Last post by  Porp
Just for the reference of others who may be having communication issues with 3 Rivers.

I sent 3 emails to 3 Rivers Archery, to request an additional book to the order, both the INFO and ORDERS mail addresses. All went without reply, even though I had already placed an order.
The only way I found to get a response was to email everybody.

[email protected] (Dale S. Karch)
[email protected] (Jonathon Karch)
[email protected] (Teresa Williams)
[email protected] (Art Myers)
[email protected] (Wil Radcliffe)
[email protected] (Trophy Room)
[email protected] (who knows)

All these addresses are publicly available from the web. If you have the same problems I did, try some of the emails above.

Be warned however, that the response is less than friendly. This is the reply I received from Jonathon Karch, Vice President of Sales & Marketing.

I am not sure how you even found half of the emails you have listed. Regardless, your order is on hold until the aluminum arrow straightener. That item should have displayed as on backorder when the order was placed. Was it not?

We hope to get a shipment at the end of this month, but I am not positive on that date, as it is an imported item. I can remove the item from your order if you like, but I cannot ship the other items with a backordered item on the order. How would you like to proceed?
Note the lack of greeting and lack of apology for poor communication. Note too that nobody bothered to check my original mails for the additional book. Please note that I don't know Jonathon Karch, nor a I judging him as a person (indeed he seems like a nice guy on the YouTube videos). But as the Vice President of Sales & Marketing, I had expected much better customer service. Nontheless, my reply;

Thanks for your reply mates.

> I am not sure how you even found half of the emails you have listed. Regardless, your order is on hold until the aluminum arrow straightener. That item should have displayed as on backorder when the order was placed. Was it not?

Hahaha. Yes it was. But this is not the reason I was emailing. I guess nobody checked to see the content of my previous mails.
I had emailed to ask for the addition of a book to my order. But I've since ordered it from Lancaster, so please don't worry about that.

> We hope to get a shipment at the end of this month, but I am not positive on that date, as it is an imported item. I can remove the item from your order if you like, but I cannot ship the other items with a backordered item on the order. How would you like to proceed?

Anyway, I'd really like that straightener, but I'm getting in dire need of the glove. Could you please remove the straightener for me? I'll have to order it next time.

Thanks so much.

Bryce
Unsuprisingly, Jonathon did not reply to this mail either.

I recommend not to use 3 Rivers, particularly if you're ordering from abroad. Instead, try Lancaster Archery. Those guys have replied to my mails promptly. And their shipping rates are MUCH lower than 3 Rivers (30% cheaper for me).

Anyway, to sum up. If 3 Rivers won't return your mails, email EVERYBODY. This should get you a reply.
Good luck.

Bryce
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
3,597 Posts
Seems like there's getting to be a lot of threads like this lately. Guys calling specific people out within specific companies. Not too sure what I think about it.... I like the fact that now I'd do some more research before dealing with this company, but I think it might be in bad taste to publically call them out like this. It's usually always from Johnny Firstpost too.

So you receive an email from a company where they're not kissing your butt to make everything better and you think...... "Hey, I'm going to make myself an Archerytalk account to let people know about it." ? These threads are getting more and more common... And again, I think more often than not, it's in bad taste.

· Registered
1,561 Posts
I have purchased trad items from them many times and have Never had an issue I always wonder too about these people who their first post is about bashing some vendor or other, plus its easy to be a faceless keyboard basher. I have wanted to add an item and just called them and they were always helpful,

· Registered
4,562 Posts
3 Rivers burnt me ONCE on shipping charges and I politely told them that was the last business I would give them. Sorry about your luck, but calling people out by name on a public forum just isn't good policy.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So you receive an email from a company where they're not kissing your butt to make everything better and you think...... "Hey, I'm going to make myself an Archerytalk account to let people know about it." ? These threads are getting more and more common... And again, I think more often than not, it's in bad taste.
Expecting a company to respond to my mail after I've made an order, and expecting them to kiss my butt, are at different ends of the spectrum. Try not to get too dramatic about this.

And yes, I did think "Hey, I'm going to make myself an Archerytalk account to let people know about it." Of course. If we get a good deal, we share it with others. If we get a bad deal, we share that too.
It's totally acceptable to call out a company or individual for bad service. How else will they realise the effects of treating customers badly? Only if we raise our voice in protest.

· Registered
3,597 Posts
Expecting a company to respond to my mail after I've made an order, and expecting them to kiss my butt, are at different ends of the spectrum. Try not to get too dramatic about this.

And yes, I did think "Hey, I'm going to make myself an Archerytalk account to let people know about it." Of course. If we get a good deal, we share it with others. If we get a bad deal, we share that too.
It's totally acceptable to call out a company or individual for bad service. How else will they realise the effects of treating customers badly? Only if we raise our voice in protest.
Somewhere in the middle of all of this............did you ever think to pick up the telephone and call them?

· Registered
10,824 Posts

Amen bud and I appreciate the insight, as a consumer myself I want to know who and who not to deal with and the good, the bad and the ugly on them. Sorry about your luck with them.

10,326 Posts
Just for the reference of others who may be having communication issues with 3 Rivers.

I sent 3 emails to 3 Rivers Archery, to request an additional book to the order, both the INFO and ORDERS mail addresses. All went without reply, even though I had already placed an order.
The only way I found to get a response was to email everybody.

[email protected] (Dale S. Karch)
[email protected] (Jonathon Karch)
[email protected] (Teresa Williams)
[email protected] (Art Myers)
[email protected] (Wil Radcliffe)
[email protected] (Trophy Room)
[email protected] (who knows)

All these addresses are publicly available from the web. If you have the same problems I did, try some of the emails above.

Be warned however, that the response is less than friendly. This is the reply I received from Jonathon Karch, Vice President of Sales & Marketing.

Note the lack of greeting and lack of apology for poor communication. Note too that nobody bothered to check my original mails for the additional book. Please note that I don't know Jonathon Karch, nor a I judging him as a person (indeed he seems like a nice guy on the YouTube videos). But as the Vice President of Sales & Marketing, I had expected much better customer service. Nontheless, my reply;

Unsuprisingly, Jonathon did not reply to this mail either.

I recommend not to use 3 Rivers, particularly if you're ordering from abroad. Instead, try Lancaster Archery. Those guys have replied to my mails promptly. And their shipping rates are MUCH lower than 3 Rivers (30% cheaper for me).

Anyway, to sum up. If 3 Rivers won't return your mails, email EVERYBODY. This should get you a reply.
Good luck.

Bryce
Bryce,
You need to be careful calling someone out on this forum...and that goes for everyone else as well. If you have expended all means then you could possibly start getting on someone's case. But, this is really uncalled for. 3Rivers...and I do not have any connection with them...is a reputable company and I personally would lean toward them. And, it sounds like you are not satisfied with the wait period...did you see if the item (s) were in stock. I personally think this is poor form on your part and I think you need to attempt to rectify the situation before posting again....period. You do not have a lot of credibility with only 2 posts. And, being from Japan poses a whole different set of problems with shipping...can you wait 3 weeks to get an item or are you part of the "satisfy me now" crowd. Please re-think your issue before you post again. Cheers!
Fred

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Somewhere in the middle of all of this............did you ever think to pick up the telephone and call them?
Of course. But the different time zones make that problematic, between my kids and my work.
But why should I have to? Their support email address is posted prominently on their website, and it is obviously being monitored. I don't know exactly why they did not reply.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bryce,
You need to be careful calling someone out on this forum...and that goes for everyone else as well. If you have expended all means then you could possibly start getting on someone's case. But, this is really uncalled for. 3Rivers...and I do not have any connection with them...is a reputable company and I personally would lean toward them. And, it sounds like you are not satisfied with the wait period...did you see if the item (s) were in stock. I personally think this is poor form on your part and I think you need to attempt to rectify the situation before posting again....period. You do not have a lot of credibility with only 2 posts. And, being from Japan poses a whole different set of problems with shipping...can you wait 3 weeks to get an item or are you part of the "satisfy me now" crowd. Please re-think your issue before you post again. Cheers!
Fred
Hi Fred,

I think you missed the crux of the message mate. The backordered item was not the issue. I actually mailed them on the 25th of the Feb, asking is they knew when it would be in stock. I didn't get a reply, but I ordered that anyway, knowing it was on backorder, and I was happy to wait.

My issue lies in that I emailed to ask if I could add to the order (1 book - in stock). Basically a "is it possible?" email, on the 1st of March. No reply, so I tried again a few days later, to the alternative email. By the 8th, I still had no reply, so I mass mailed them.

My issue is not shipping or backordered items. It's poor service. In fact I chose 3 Rivers initially because they have so much nice stuff. I'm looking forward to trying out their Duraglove, which get so many glowing reviews.

Bryce

· Registered
838 Posts
Poor form IMHO. Sharing of otherwise not public viewable info is poor form. Came at them loud and hard. Then when satisfied you come back very nonchalantly. I believe you joined simply to flame the company. Once you did that, You demonstrated that you were quick to use the Social media tool at the tips of your fingers. What would've been much classier would have been for you to exhaust all means of contacting them first.

Glad your situation got resolved, apparently to your level of satisfaction. I just don't like the Manner in which you choose to manage your issue.

· Registered
3,597 Posts
Poor form IMHO. Sharing of otherwise not public viewable info is poor form. Came at them loud and hard. Then when satisfied you come back very nonchalantly. I believe you joined simply to flame the company. Once you did that, You demonstrated that you were quick to use the Social media tool at the tips of your fingers. What would've been much classier would have been for you to exhaust all means of contacting them first.

Glad your situation got resolved, apparently to your level of satisfaction. I just don't like the Manner in which you choose to manage your issue.
+1.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sharing of otherwise not public viewable info is poor form.
Which "not public viewable info" are you talking about? The emails? All of those a findable via a quick Google search.

Came at them loud and hard. Then when satisfied you come back very nonchalantly.
Not true. I posted this AFTER my issues were resolved. Believe me, I thought long and hard about it beforehand. It was not something that I enjoyed writing.

I believe you joined simply to flame the company.
Also, not true. On two points. Firstly, I am not "flaming" the company. I am simply letting others know about the poor customer service I've received at 3 Rivers, and directing them to a place where I've received good service. Have you never given anything a negative review?

Secondly, my next thread will be about target points. That's a confusing topic.

I just don't like the Manner in which you choose to manage your issue.
I certainly respect and understand your point of view. To be honest, 5 years ago I would have agreed with you. But not now.

Take care.

Bryce

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.