Archery Talk Forum banner

no deer but i got a yote

2106 24
hey folks,

havent been around much here lately, been busy with work, the farm, and life. our deer season opened on sept. 24th, i was in a wedding that day and sure didnt feel much like climbing a tree the next morning or evening(it was a real good wedding) So anyways, i havent had much chance to be in the woods till this weekend. Friday i go and see nothing, saturday morning i go and see nothing, saturday evening i go and see a doe finally but she was about 80 yards out, then i see another sneaking up to the right of me, i get ready it comes out and its a lil spike, bout 4 inches on each side. we only get one buck tag so i didnt want to waste it on him plus i wont try on a buck that small, only about 110 pounds or so. well tonight i go back to the same spot, get settled in and waited. after about an hour of setting in light rain, i see something. It was a coyote heading right to me! i slowly get settled in and he just keeps coming. finaly at 15 yards i let the arrow fly. Right on target, he went about 30 yards and was done. This is the first bow kill on a yote for me.

jason
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
154 Posts
Great kill.. Keep it up.

· Registered
785 Posts
Great Job. nice yote.

· Registered
508 Posts
Nice work, we've got a ton of 'em around here, but I have yet to get one with my bow. Congrats.

· Embrace the suck!
7,994 Posts
Good job. Geez, that's at least the third "I killed a yote" thread in under 24 hours. We have some real killers on this website.

· Banned
1,459 Posts
good shot brother man!

glad your thinning the herd before i come down to hunt

congrats! btw your down 5 pts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.