Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading the reviews AT guys have been posting about how smooth and 70lbs. pulls like it is 60lbs. I have been looking to by a new bow and it all sounded like this is it,so I drive 40 miles to try one. Long story short---It was the hardest pulling bow I have ever tried. 60lbs. felt like 70lbs. I didn't see anything smooth about it,except the shot. Ray told me before I pulled it that I wouldn't like it because all 4 guys in the shop didn't like it. I'm not just a one company man but I will scratch the Desroyer off my list. Glad some of you like it.:sad:

·
Retired GI "still serv'n"
13,960 Posts
different strokes for different folks.......I know I have not liked other bows people have sworn were the bomb.

What type of bows do you normally shoot?
I use to be a single cam freak, it took me a bit to get use to Binary or Hybrid bows at first, now I love em.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
All the speed bows are like that. The guys and gals that like them just get used to them. They become your "new" smooth when its all you shoot.
When you want smooth and fast, its seems like the 300fps mark is about the best your gonna get, unless you have a DL longer than 28 inches. I will say that all the major companies have worked very hard to smooth out the fast ones and they have done a fine job on them.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I shoot an 08 X-Force 6. I don't like the new ones, there a lot like the Destroyer. Hoyts are smooth but I can't get the speed from them. I just shoot 56lbs. I'll keep looking.:)

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
I shoot an 08 X-Force 6. I don't like the new ones, there a lot like the Destroyer. Hoyts are smooth but I can't get the speed from them. I just shoot 56lbs. I'll keep looking.:)
If you want a speed bow try the Rytera Alien, Monster 7, and the alphaburner. If you want a smooth drawing bow that is fast try out the z7 and maxxis.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
I guess "smooth" is all in the perception. I'm not really a fan of the Destroyer given the ATA, and I will most likely not be purchasing a Bowtech this year for the first year in many. But I must say, I found the draw cycle to be staggeringly smooth for the speed. I guess I should emphasize, for the speed.
:darkbeer:

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,204 Posts
Maybe wait until dealers have the new Rytera Nemesis in stock.

That bow is worth a look at and a test drive! :thumb:

·
Hunter/Gatherer
13,334 Posts
Elite Judge...........:darkbeer:

·
Registered
639 Posts
We just got the 340 in the shop on wed and from all the hype of it being ultra smooth I was let down. I have own a "speed bow" for the past 3 years. It dose pull nice but not like people made it seem. I have to say I LOVED the bow. At the shot WOW and it is VERY QUIT!!!!! It dose pull nice but I was expecting somthing diferent from the draw curve. I thought the gearing in the cams would do more to make the speed then just the draw curve being what it is. I will most likley own one!! It is going to be one of the best hunting bows for 2010 for sure.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
If you want a speed bow try the Rytera Alien, Monster 7, and the alphaburner. If you want a smooth drawing bow that is fast try out the z7 and maxxis.
Alien is stupid smooth and stupid fast :darkbeer:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If a bow will shoot a 344gr. arrow 300fps at around 56 to 57 lbs. 29"dl. and be close to as smooth as my X-Force, thats the ones I want to try. Thanks guys.:)

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I tried both the 340 and the 350 today but i would not buy either . I just dont need or want a bow that draws that hard to kill a deer .

·
Live with passion
7,328 Posts
The Alpha Burner is not a hard pulling bow and actual speeds are generally at or higher than your X Force.

Gotta agree big time on that one...truly is one bow that pulls lighter then it is!
IMO it doesn't. It reminded me a lot of the Synergy I used to have in that it pulled pretty stought from the beginging. 70# felt every bit 70#. . . . . .then again it should shouldn't it.:wink:

·
Registered
142 Posts
I still have to try this bow.

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
All the speed bows are like that. The guys and gals that like them just get used to them. They become your "new" smooth when its all you shoot.
That's very true. I know my hunting bow feels like butter when I'm using it all the time. When I switch over to my target bow, the draw cycle feels downright soft. Almost too mushy, like I can't believe it can get an arrow going with any speed. After spending a lot of time exclusively with my target bow, going back to the hunting bow feels a bit stiff.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Even from non Bowtech guys that say the Destroyer is the smoothest pulling speed bow out there, there had to be something seriously wrong with the Destroyer you tried, especially if the dealer immediately says you won't like it. How reliable is your dealer? :confused:

·
How`s it going eh?
4,065 Posts
I don`t know!!..I got a GTO,Z28 and GT500 that I have all set at 65# and it feels noticably easier to draw back.Very smooth all the way through!! Not saying I like it better but I was very surprised how seemingly easy it pulled. Would shoot a couple arrows through the Alien then grab the GTO which I find draws easier then the GT500...not as smooth but seemingly easier.Anyways so forth and so forth bteween the 4 and the alien feels easier to draw then all of them.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
I know it was alot easier to pull than my 70# Admiral. Damn near as close to my 60# Admiral. I can't believe anybody would think it pulled hard, especially compared to other speed bows.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Get the feeling

I get the feeling this thread was started by a PSE fan. Which is okay if that is waht you like and feels good to you. But for some reason I get the feeling there is alternative motives in this review. Just my .02 worth.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts