Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
are they chasing yet??
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Opinions and recommendations on no glow gamecams, thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52,388 Posts
Don't take pictures at low light or night!
All cameras taking pictures in low light or at night will have some glow or flash. If they didn't there would be no picture. Besides it doesn't spook deer. In fact they become curious.

·
The Impartial Archer
20,512 Posts
Well we are here so I'll add this. I have thousands of pics like these with a deer in the headlights look. These cams are IR and have a soft red glow when they take pics. It's very very common to have these reactions.

I got two no glo cams this year and NONE of the animals are looking at the camera like that.....not one pic I can find so I'll be replacing the old ones as they die out. My take is the less they see the better. I want night shots.......not all the deer move during daylight but that doesn't mean they aren't there.
Plant Tree Natural landscape Wood Vegetation

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Placement is also important. All my cameras are 6 to 7 feet off the ground with a stick for a slight downward angle. I also place them on the side of the trail I expect the deer are traveling away from. Or at a 90 degree angle the trail. I believe the blackflash cameras are a better choice. I prefer Reconyx. They aren't cheap, but they take great pics and have very few pics with nothing in them.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
Well we are here so I'll add this. I have thousands of pics like these with a deer in the headlights look. These cams are IR and have a soft red glow when they take pics. It's very very common to have these reactions.

I got two no glo cams this year and NONE of the animals are looking at the camera like that.....not one pic I can find so I'll be replacing the old ones as they die out. My take is the less they see the better. I want night shots.......not all the deer move during daylight but that doesn't mean they aren't there. View attachment 7508520
This has been my exact experience. I had less reaction from deer with the old flash style than with the IR, and I have no reaction to the no glow style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
I had Negative Reactions from Deer main Big Bucks with Homebrew Cams, Red IR Cams so I went to Black Flash and get a LOT More Videos of Good Bucks. I took Notice when I changed a couple White Flash Cams to Black Flash and with a few Days had several where as prior I Might get a picture or 2 of Good Buck and then No More. Once I switched over I get Many More Images of Bucks Does and Fawns don't rarely pay any attention. When I started seeing many more on my blk flash cams and I pay attention to my scent and lving as little as possible I wash my hand before touching any Cams. And I only now do Video and Run 90% Black Flash As for Red Glow Cams I have had 2 cams next to each other one is red and blk when The one goes off the red the deer take notice so I moved the red glow after confirming red glows causes deer to take notice and Avoid that spot! But some won't accept that! I run 12 Cams 11 are Blk Flash most are Browning Spec Ops and 1 is a Dark Ops Max HD 2 are Stealth DS4K & DS4K Max Think what You will but once You seen a big difference in what You get maybe that might be the difference!
I sent the OP a PM if that helps finding discounted Prices for some Cams as some places are closing up for their reasons (retiring) so buying cams is getting harder I never paid more than 150.00 most 135.00 w S&H. When they were going for 189.99.
Use what Works for You... I will use majority of Black Flashes.....
LFM

·
Registered
722 Posts

I got two no glo cams this year and NONE of the animals are looking at the camera like that.....not one pic I can find so I'll be replacing the old ones as they die out. My take is the less they see the better. I want night shots.......not all the deer move during daylight but that doesn't mean they aren't there. View attachment 7508520

Would you look at that, I didn't know they had game cams way back in 1970.. I'll be.... LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts