Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Where are these bows sold. I saw a video on YouTube don't seem too popular what the trigger they talk about seem to be phenomenal.
Kodabow is a very small company. I believe that you buy one by calling the company in Pennsylvania. I called them once to discuss buying one, and the owner answered, and answered all of my questions. I don't believe that they have any distributors at all. With the recurve design and a high quality crossbow, I think that I person will have very few or no issues that require local support.

For me it was a bit hard to go for this high quality, and a bit expensive, made in America, crossbow without ever seeing one. Eventually, just recently, I bought a used Scout sight unseen. I have not put a scope on it or shot it yet.

My first impression though is that it is very high quality and very solid. It just has a different feel to it compared to the Excaliburs. It is definitely a bit heavier which is fine with me. It is a bit narrower than the Excalibur Matrix bows. If I find that this Kodabow Scout is accurate like they say, I plan to hunt with it this year.

Kodabow used to go to some outdoor shows, and perhaps they still do. I know they went to Wisconsin Deer Fest a few times. If you are lucky enough to live close to one of those, that might be an opportunity to shoot one.

In summary, I think they are a small company, and they are selling direct rather than using distributors.

·
Registered
7 Posts
One other thing. I think it is a bit interesting that they have pretty much not changed their crossbows for about 5 or 10 years. Everyone else is coming out with the new models every year. I think that the Kodabow people just figure that the crossbow is just fine right now, so why change it. They might be right. I do expect that this crossbow will be fine for shooting and hunting deer for many decades or longer

If I get too old and weak to cock it with the rope, I can always buy the crank.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.