Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems there is not much love for the Impulse 31 or 34 around here? I've got a 31 and I know the draw cycle is harsh, I will concede to that. Heck it's harsher at 67 pounds than my old Strother SX Rush at 70lbs. Watching my scale while drawing it on a draw board I can see it load up near max weight and just stay there for much of the draw but for some reason the I31 just seems to hold real well for me and I find myself quite accurate with it. It also feels real good in my hand and I don't feel like the shorter ATA is a hinderance at all. So, in spite of the harsh draw cycle I really like everything else about the bow. Am I alone or anyone else feel the same?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I really like my Impulse 34. If I shot something like my friend's 60 lb Alphamax 32 for a while and go back to my I34, I really notice the weight stacking at the end of the cycle. If I shoot mine exclusively for a day or two, I get used to it and hardly notice the build up.

Now the shot and accuracy are a different story. The I34 is very steady to aim and quieter than a Nitrum 34 shooting the same arrow (cellphone decibel meter app).

·
Registered
715 Posts
I hear ya. My I34 wasn't elite smooth and easy to draw but it did hold very well. Rarely shot at 20 yards with it as it seemed boring for some reason. 40 or 50 seemed to be where I always wanted to shoot it

·
Grumpy Old Man
26,816 Posts
I really didn't notice a lot of difference between my Energy 32 and the Impulse I shot, other than a harsher drop at the end of the draw.
I liked the Impulse, but I really haven't run into a newer model Elite yet that was worth upgrading to over the E32.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Loved my impulse 34, it was a 60 pounder, smooth, fast , quiet, accurate, just sold it and bought a option 6 in a 60 lb. can't wait for it to get here.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I recently got an impulse 31 in a trade. I really like it. It has 65 pound limbs and was backed down when I got it. It had serious stacking in the draw cycle at that lighter weight. I turned it up to 70 pounds and it is a lot less noticeable. I shot it for a round of 3D today and shot it very well, and I honestly dont even notice the hump in the draw much now.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have a i34 set at 66 1/2 lbs, and coming from a hoyt cs34 @73 I can say it does feel harsher than that 73 just because of that hump and dump draw. I do prefer the let off and back wall by light years over the hoyt though.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts