Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its official i sold my baby today:sad: and am goin to give ole Hoyt a try.......i dont know how its gonna go but i figured it was time to change.......wish me luck :darkbeer: :darkbeer:

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Good luck with the Hoyt, I have a Protec and like it very much. I also have an Apex and it's my favorite bow, I would miss it alot if it was gone. Drtnshtr (my son) traded his Hoyt Proelite for a Maroon Apex, he was talking a trade with you there for awhile. He is really looking forward in getting the Apex. Again good luck with the Hoyt. Dave

·
Registered
252 Posts
theres also another company called bowtech =-)

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i considered the bowtech constitution its a great bow but i got offered to be a shop shooter at a local shop so i went with hoyt:darkbeer: :darkbeer:

·
Banned
554 Posts
No offense........

You'll be back. Many whom of had a Mathews often try to move on to other things, but they all end up back with the good ol' Solo cam. Have fun keepin your hoyt in time. Been there done that. Good luck.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
I shot mathews for years & then wanted a change so i went out & shot some different hoyt's i chose the v-tec & i love it. I wont be turning back to mathews nothing against them but i never could keep any of mine in tune.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I see a couple of messages stating they could not keep their bows in tune.
That means at one time they were in tune, correct? No matter what brand of bow you shoot if you get the bow shooting bullet holes and grouping (fp's and bh's) isn't it the owners gig to keep it there with good maintenance and some loving care. Now, if you change rests, sights, new string I understand there is some work to do. Any bow that I have owned, once I get 'er right, it stayed there.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
not so fast.....

Always_peekin said:
You'll be back. Many whom of had a Mathews often try to move on to other things, but they all end up back with the good ol' Solo cam. Have fun keepin your hoyt in time. Been there done that. Good luck.
my first two bows i owned were matthews, and they are good bows. i then seen my first negative add in a hunting magazine. when hoyt came out with their cam and 1/2, matthews (matt mcphereson) seen $$$ leaving from hoyts sales of their solo-cam bows...(hoyt had to pay matthews to use their patented technology, solo-cam) so matthews came out with a center/two page add saying cam and 1/2 is a farse, and "flawed technology" basically called hoyt liars. and it reminded me of negative political adds. :mad: and i just could not stand negative slam that matthews attacked hoyt with. it put a sour taste in my mouth. id never seen one archery company attack another before that time. at least not publically. i also was offered a staff shooting position with hoyt from the pro-shop i shoot for. it was a good feeling for me to try hoyt, after what i had just observed. for my shooter bow i ordered a hoyt ultra-tec with 3000 limbs and i fell in love with it. since having that bow i have won two state championships. i have shot higher scores and have had no timing problems. when it is tuned and timed, it stays there until i change something. if i change poundage and adjust limb bolts it might come slightly out of time, but it is a simple fix and im back in business. so now im a hoyt shooter and proud of it. im trying to get another shooter bow with hoyt. dont be afraid of the change, have an open mind and give it(hoyt) a little time and you'll be fine. id go with the ultra-tec or pro-tec. not the trykon just yet. good luck. former matthews shooter. Harry

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the reason for my change is also because i got offered a shop shooter thing with a local shop........i think it will be a good change.......i ordered a protec with xt3000 limbs and 30in spirals:darkbeer: :darkbeer:

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
bowhunt_mathews said:
Its official i sold my baby today:sad: and am goin to give ole Hoyt a try.......i dont know how its gonna go but i figured it was time to change.......wish me luck :darkbeer: :darkbeer:
I wish you luck.Change is good.It forces your ability forward.I am sure you are already an accomplished archer,but obviously you can't go wrong with either brand.It's all good:)

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
That sounds like one sweet Hoyt you ordered.

·
Registered
10,363 Posts
congrats on getting a shop shooter spot.
that can be a good thing.

hoyt makes a great bow and so does mathews
it really boils down to the shooter
have fun and help others.

·
Premium Member
20,334 Posts
bowhunt_mathews said:
yeah i considered the bowtech constitution its a great bow but i got offered to be a shop shooter at a local shop so i went with hoyt:darkbeer: :darkbeer:
If you need to change your username, send me a PM:)

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks RK pm sent

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
dont worry if they give you a sponser your good enough to shoot it. theres not ten cents worth of differance in any bow .its the guy pullin the trigger. set up helps to. i wont say a name but i have a friend who can shoot almost any bow and win. he has changed bows to prove it. even bought my old bow that i thought was jinxed and whiped my pants off at a local 3d. nope i dont like him any more the turkey.

·
Registered
249 Posts
smart move on getting rid of that mathews some may not like what i just said but i have sold 3 switchbacks for buddys in the last month to get them a tribute . after they bought there switchbacks and then shot my tribute they were sick and sold them . hoyts are good bows that would be my second choice and if i was offered to be a store shooter i would go for it in a minute would be crazy not to . good shooting .

·
Registered
249 Posts
I disagree with you 100% there are major diffrences in diffrent bows. you have to be bllind not to see this or havent shot to many diffrent bows in your life .

maybee-r said:
dont worry if they give you a sponser your good enough to shoot it. theres not ten cents worth of differance in any bow .its the guy pullin the trigger. set up helps to. i wont say a name but i have a friend who can shoot almost any bow and win. he has changed bows to prove it. even bought my old bow that i thought was jinxed and whiped my pants off at a local 3d. nope i dont like him any more the turkey.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts