1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today the Outdoor Life Channel vanished into history

From now onthe name is OLC

Period Like CNN CBS NBC ABC

They are goign after ESPN Disney and may be dropping the hunting fishing in favor of the jock & sock sports in the quest for ratings.

Check out the Outdoor Wire for details

SAD

Tink

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Even worse is that they've been recently running reruns of Survivor.

What's to become of " Hunting With Hank " ?

Guess that leaves the Outdoor Channel, Men's Channel ( I don't get ), and the Sportsman Channel (Don't get either, Wish they'd bring back their online broadcast )

BTW I thought ski jumping, rock climbing and whatever other garbage they now show was for ABC's wide world of sports, and network tv when nothing else on on tv on a Sunday afternoon.

Bring back Gadabout Gaddis

·
Registered
786 Posts
Actually guys, it is the Outdoor Life Network, not Channel. Now it is called OLN. They dropped the name of it, who cares. I still watch hunting shows on it every day. They are supposed to start carrying NHL games, so we'll see what happens then. for those of you who don't know, NHL is hockey...that's right folks, they are going to play again...

The outdoor channel was always better anyways, and now they are coming out with the outdoor channel 2.

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
More hunting shows not more bicycle jumping survivor crap.

·
Registered
768 Posts
They should call it the OBC or the BRC. OUTDOOR BICYCLING CHANNEL or BULL RIDING CHANNEL. Everytime I turn to it that's whats on! They probably hired Lance Armstrong as the CEO. I won't miss it a bit.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Oln

You are not missing much if you only have OLN. I have the other outdoor channels and I am dropping them. I am just plain tired of watching 25 minutes of advertizing to see only 5 minutes of hunting/'fishing.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have both ODL and ODC and never watch it. I cant stand to watch cattle slaughter. After all thats what it is. You herd the deer into a fenced area or they get there crew to run the deer to the stands, I am not a fool. I know that 10 bucks do not just run out of cover and into your stand just like that. I would say one or 2 may run in at one time but come on I watch a guy bowhunting and at least 10 ran in after he rattled and grunted. I wish it was that easy. Hell who am I kidding. If it was that easy I wouldnt be doing it. Yea I also hated it when you do get a good show on and the cut to an ad just as the deer walks in and the guys ready to shoot. Give me a break. Put the ads on before the hunt or after. I am going to watch the ads anyways. I dont want to miss that new gadgit that attracts the hunter. I wonder how much money I have wasted.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
When they have top notch programming like "The Jackie Bushman Show" I can't help but not watch...

·
Registered
156 Posts
I agree, great channel if you want to watch ******s ride a steak or a bike.

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
Why not a Hunting Channel? And a separate but equal Fishing Channel. Do you guys think enough hunters would buy the channel? I would sub MTV, E, and two or 3 others is an even swap. Half these wacko liberal channels wouldn't exist if I had an Ala Cart option!

·
Registered
155 Posts
OLN is about the lamest channel I have watched. I have OLN and the Outdoor Channel, the Outdoor Channel is far more supperior to OLN. OLN has about 99% less hunting, and more biking and sissy sports of such - and WAYY too many early morning bass fishing shows (borrrrrrring). I'll stick to my Outdoor Channel thank you very much. Wouldn't be missing OLN if they took it off anyways :thumbs_up

1 - 16 of 16 Posts