Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Obsession Fusion 7 at 56# at 29".
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found these "no name broadheads" on eBay, at $23.58 for a dozen. They measure .045" thickness on the main blade and have a 1 1/4" cutting diameter. They're reasonably sharp, out of the box, but show some machine marks that will polish out easily. I've shot them out to 20 yards with my ILF Recurve and have had perfect flight. :cool:

Thought I'd pass it along, in case anyone is looking for a decent quality broadhead without busting your wallet. (y)

Bowhunter57

Attachments

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
They look good. But then again they look like Chinese garbage made from Chinese trash steel, trying to knock off a american made broadhead.

Hope they do good for you sir.

·
Registered
None
916 Posts
Reactions: Bowhunter57

·
Registered
None
916 Posts
I found these "no name broadheads" on eBay, at $23.58 for a dozen. They measure .045" thickness on the main blade and have a 1 1/4" cutting diameter. They're reasonably sharp, out of the box, but show some machine marks that will polish out easily. I've shot them out to 20 yards with my ILF Recurve and have had perfect flight. :cool:

Thought I'd pass it along, in case anyone is looking for a decent quality broadhead without busting your wallet. (y)

Bowhunter57
Great intension but I feel the will be by to give their two cents worth. Those look like some killers 👍

·
Registered
457 Posts

Bowhunter57
I had a generic ss razorhead of a similar design break the blade off the ferrule (where it's connected at the rear) in a deer's shoulder, about 2"
penetration I'd guess, arrow caught on a tree as she ran and ripped out. I'd shoot them into some stacked cardboard at least to make sure they won't bust off like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
HalonX 65.5Lbs 590 grain
1,117 Posts

Bowhunter57
You say they are decent quality What testing have you done with them to know that they will hold up, the front of the arrow is the last place I would go cheap on, Im not saying that they are not a good head but for $ 2 a head what are you really getting ?

·
I like elk!
19,415 Posts
You say they are decent quality What testing have you done with them to know that they will hold up, the front of the arrow is the last place I would go cheap on, Im not saying that they are not a good head but for $ 2 a head what are you really getting ?
You’re getting the same quality as the $50 for 3 Chinese garbage heads that are very popular.

·
Registered
HalonX 65.5Lbs 590 grain
1,117 Posts
I think I will stick to my Iron will"s only $240 for 6 you can poke fun at the price but I have seen Lusk shoot them into a brick with a 72 Lbs bow and not a dam thing wrong with them, do that with a china head only once, do I hunt bricks NO but if I want to I can

·
Registered
Bowtech Realm X and PSE Inertia 50lbs
5,057 Posts
I had a generic ss razorhead of a similar design break the blade off the ferrule (where it's connected at the rear) in a deer's shoulder, about 2"
penetration I'd guess, arrow caught on a tree as she ran and ripped out. I'd shoot them into some stacked cardboard at least to make sure they won't bust off like that.

that's funny right there, guy makes a hobbible shot and blames the broadhead, name a big name brand broadhead that possibly would not have broke, shooting directly into a should then deer runs past tree and breaks the arrow?

·
Registered
Bowtech Realm X and PSE Inertia 50lbs
5,057 Posts
probably getting a broadhead for the same cost that companies are paying for them to be made, just by passing the middleman and retailer..

·
Registered
12,044 Posts
I think I will stick to my Iron will"s only $240 for 6 you can poke fun at the price but I have seen Lusk shoot them into a brick with a 72 Lbs bow and not a dam thing wrong with them, do that with a china head only once, do I hunt bricks NO but if I want to I can
marketing companies love to hear these statements.........

·
Registered
457 Posts
that's funny right there, guy makes a hobbible shot and blames the broadhead, name a big name brand broadhead that possibly would not have broke, shooting directly into a should then deer runs past tree and breaks the arrow?
Well buddy, I was the one who reported my bad shot which hit it in the shoulder blade, that's the point of my comment, you're a real bright one. You clearly have nothing to add so you just roam around stiring the pot with asinine comments about brand marketing and other bs.

OP- These heads failed on a poor shot for me. Take that for what it is. If every shot we took went perfect, we could shoot field points and kill deer right in the heart. I've only shot 2 deer that I can think of that ended up hitting scapula or shoulder bone. This head failed totally. The other a muzzy 125 3 blade went through and got part of lungs. I would suggest that you try them in maybe stacked cardboard to make sure they arent the junk ones like I had. That could help you one way or the other, at least that is my intention to help. Not just cast BS out on AT because I've got nothing better to do.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
why cheap out on a broad head? They might work or be bent shafts and fail when you need them the most on a nice buck.

Sticking to reapers or slick tricks myself. Arrow and broadhead is not the place to try to save a $$

·
Registered
440 Posts
I’ve bought knock off China cheap heads to screw around with shooting plywood and long distance. Also used them for ground hogs. I just don’t ever see having one of these I’m my deer hunting quiver. not gonna spend 40$ on 1 broadhead either.

·
JB WELD PRO STAFFER
13,190 Posts
Don't be afraid to use them. China is good at making broadheads. Too many people forget that this sport is real expensive and saving a couple hundred in broadheads is a big deal to most of us.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bowhunter57
1 - 20 of 24 Posts