Archery Talk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once again I mean no offence to hoyt or hoyt shooters when i say this....I think that most, if not all of the hoyt compound bows look the same or very similar. I have shot hoyts and thought they were very nice bows, but couldn't they change up the style of the bows from year to year or from model to model? Anyone else feel this way?

P.S. I think the Carbon Matrix is one exclusion from this thread....I really do like the look of that bow!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
If its not broken...don't break it.

·
P#NW045
12,716 Posts
I think they do look similar, the katera and vectrix look very similar.

All that matters to me is if it shoots good and feels good to me

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
i sort of agree with you and although i dont shoot a hoyt, it seems to work for them. they have their following. they make a great bow... i think the hoyt masses get a lil carried away with how great they are sometimes though!

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know what you all mean, if the bow shoots great, why change it.... I just get a little bored of seeing the same thing over.

An example:

One is a maxxis and the other an alphamax... I couldn't tell the difference until I read the label on the bow at my local archery dealer.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
If it ain't broke, why fix it. There designs dominate the target archery world. Same reason Mathews has kept the original Conquest line for so long. It just works.

·
Banned
1,351 Posts
Once again I mean no offence to hoyt or hoyt shooters when i say this....I think that most, if not all of the hoyt compound bows look the same or very similar. I have shot hoyts and thought they were very nice bows, but couldn't they change up the style of the bows from year to year or from model to model? Anyone else feel this way?

P.S. I think the Carbon Matrix is one exclusion from this thread....I really do like the look of that bow!
looks matter to me too.. if the bows looked better, i might have picked one up .. I hate that thing in front of the grip. Bothers me...

·
Banned
3,049 Posts
If it ain't broke, why fix it. There designs dominate the target archery world. Same reason Mathews has kept the original Conquest line for so long. It just works.
NO offense to Hoyt or Hoyt shooters..... but even if it is broke and still sells why fix it?

They are a company after profits (as are all)..... if you buy it they will build it, sorry but thats how it works.

·
Banned
1,351 Posts
I know what you all mean, if the bow shoots great, why change it.... I just get a little bored of seeing the same thing over.

An example:

One is a maxxis and the other an alphamax... I couldn't tell the difference until I read the label on the bow at my local archery dealer.
i'm sure vette owners would get sick of vettes if Chevy still made them look like the stingray version...

I'm starting to like the looks of Elite bows..

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't want any arguments here, just offering an honest opinion...i know quite a few guys who feel the same way.

·
SuperToon'd
11,934 Posts
My thoughts exactly....

Kinda think the same thing.......hard to tell the difference.

·
Banned
3,049 Posts
I don't want any arguments here, just offering an honest opinion...i know quite a few guys who feel the same way.
No arguments here Hoyts have always sold because of their durability based advertising. Why change what sells?

·
Registered
466 Posts
this is the reason i am waiting on the Strother... i love the way cam.5's draw and hold but just cant stand the look of the hoyt riser...call me shallow but that tec riser is just plain ugly:pukey: IMO

now put split limbs and cam.5's on an elite riser and im drooling lol

·
Registered
6,420 Posts
What??? Maybe you need to take a closer look... You have parallel limbs and traditional limbs... As you mentioned, there's the CM.. Then there's two different models that have shoot through risers and the same without a shoot through riser... Then an Maxxis 31 and then stretched out to the Maxxis 35. Then you go all the way down to a 28" atoa Kobalt... and THEN, you get into all the recurves..

There's a lot of variation in their lineup if you compare all the specs..

·
Registered
14,781 Posts
I hear what you are saying and am scratching my head at the same time. Look at the mathews line since the outback? What has changed? Look at the hoyt line since the ultratec(same time frame as outback) and a lot has changed. Last years to this years has not changed much and the vetrix to the katera they did not change much but if you look between the katera and the maxxis there is a lot done to them. The only thing that they have kept the same since the ultratec is the tec riser design and the laminated limbs. Both of which are the most durable and best performing in the industry. I am not picking on mathews either just using them as an example because they are a very popular company. Bowtech has made a change with the center pivot riser but other than that what have they done? look at pse... besides the extremely preloaded limbs what have they done different? different cams and that is it. They have used the same exact riser since 2006. I understand your thoughts but really if you look at the details of hoyt in the last 5 years they have actually changed at least as much as anyone else has.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I shoot Hoyt, and they do not all look alike............ do not anger the Hoyt Herd:wav::boink:

·
Registered
47,473 Posts

An example:

Really? I could see that the limbs and geometry/preload are different, plus a slide vs. rollers, in those little, teeny, tiny pics. :D

Don't they all just dole out the new stuff a little at a time each year? Enough to keep guys buying new bows anyway. Nobody just release something all new and ground breaking each year. They just keep making small changes at a time, year after year. And as far as that goes Hoyt stepped up and changed more all at once than anyone else did this year. Right? :wink:

And don't forget to mention that at least you can identify a Hoyt on a crowded rack. Most other bows all look so similar you have to read the labels to tell what they are. :pukey: Heck, it could be a Ross, a Diamond, a BowTech, an Elite, etc., etc., etc.... Now isn't THAT even more monotonous? I think it is. :tongue:

·
Registered
600 Posts
Even the Reflex's look the same, but like others have said, why change if it's working and selling. I think there look must be working, guys will buy a new bow that looks pretty much like their old bow.

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
You can take one of each Hoyt bow from 2005 to the present, hold them behind your back and show me one at a time. There is enough difference in them to seperate them. I can tell you what they are one by one.

As far as the Alpha Max and Maxxis....the riser cutouts are different and the pocket rockers are oval on the Maxxis and round on the Alpha Max. maxxis has rollers and the Alpha Max has a slide. If you wanna learn the difference all you have to do is compare.

Chevy Nova
Olds Omega
Pontiac Ventura
Buick Apollo

All the same but just a bit different. (Take the first letter of each car and it spells what ??)

·
Registered
25,022 Posts
i like the looks of there older bow then newer. like i love how the vipertec looks with the bronze cams and limb pockets and the katera looked great as well.

am and maxxis look good but idk. just something about the older looks that appeal to me more. i want to find a vipertec cause its a sweet shooting bow. wont be fast for me but will still be a fun to shoot bow

wish they would go back to bronze pockets and cams. looked so nice (to me at least haha)

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.