Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
I have used both. I recently sold my No-Peep. I replaced it with an Anchor Sight. Of the two, the Anchor Sight is far superior. Some claim you can shoot these without a Kisser button. I never could develop consistent results.

The reason is you have to have a completely repeatable anchor point, which I seemed to be unable to do. I guess, because I do not shoot the bow 100% of the time. At any rate, I would anchor and then make grip pressure adjustments to align the devices. This would cause up and down variations. The kisser completely solved the problem. It is also great for those little short hunting bows. My C4 SE is 32-3/4" a2a with 30" DL. Yeap, it a pretty strung out cat!!!!

I really enjoy the Anchor Sight and it will be all I use on a hunting bow. I am not sure, if I will ever attempt to shoot one on a target bow. The only reason is target archery, spots, require more concentration. Where in hunting, I like to keep an eye on the animal to make sure he doesn't move or is slightly moving, I can track him better and shoot under lower light conditions. I think with a little practice, the Anchor Sight is faster to shoot, accurately and my accuracy is comparable to a peep if not better. I am considering using one for 3D, but I shoot with magnification and a clarifier. If I can get a clear target and reasonable pin I may try it.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I have considered the Anchor Sight because I do hate the peep. I mostly shoot a longbow and am pretty good at consistent anchor, but it would be nice to have a reference check (which the anchor site apparently is, a very accurate reference check). One hesitance is that I currently have a Martin MV2 bow with Fury X cams. Is all that cabling going to make it hard to see the Anchor Site?

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
DrJAG2 said:
I have considered the Anchor Sight because I do hate the peep. I mostly shoot a longbow and am pretty good at consistent anchor, but it would be nice to have a reference check (which the anchor site apparently is, a very accurate reference check). One hesitance is that I currently have a Martin MV2 bow with Fury X cams. Is all that cabling going to make it hard to see the Anchor Site?
I wouldn't think so. I just look off the cable guard side of the string slightly enough to see the Anchor Sight and front sight pins. I almost have everything in a straight line down the sting.

I shoot the Nitrous-X cam bows, I don't see a problem. The cables are past your riser.

·
Registered
55 Posts
i have been shooting a no peep for 2 years. i like it better than a peep sight.i need glasses for up close and it was getting hard to see thru my peep,so this helped.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sight

so this anchor sight. Im guessing to make a distance shot (more than 20 yds)one just has to use the next pin correct 30yd pin?as far as ajustment.....Capt Hook

·
Registered
412 Posts
If you can try one of the rifle type bow sights. They are great and I absolutely am crazy about mine. I use the Knight Stalker bow sight and couldn't be happier. There are a few models out there and I would definately give it a try.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Ive been using the No-Peep for 4-5 yrs now and would never go back to using a peep and Kisser button ,likes been said before after the initial set up its a breeze to use and it seems a lot smaller the Anchor sight.It becomes second nature to glance at the no peep then concentrate on you regular pins.I just started shooting with both eyes open and I couldnt with a peep,and the difference in consistancy of shots was unbelievable.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sight

obiwankabaldi said:
If you can try one of the rifle type bow sights. They are great and I absolutely am crazy about mine. I use the Knight Stalker bow sight and couldn't be happier. There are a few models out there and I would definately give it a try.
where would I look for this ??????????.....Capt Hook

·
Registered
435 Posts
Hook,
yes you use your pins as normal.
The Anchor Sight has a much larger lens than the no-peep, and it actually has graduated marks on it that CAN be used to eliminate the need for pins, although I do not use it that way. I don't look at the anchor site when shooting. just a brief glance, then put the pin on the target and shoot.

I like the large size of the Anchor sight over the no-peep, IMO.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts