Archery Talk Forum banner

no rotation strings

308 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  chjhmh03
does any one have a clue as to what winners choice is doing so that their strings do not twist I have been making string for a while and no matter what I do I still get just a little rotation.I cant be that different from what everyone else is doing ,any ideas would be great.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5,307 Posts
A few things:

-First all strands need to be equal tension during the build.
-Twist string to length prior to serving. A string with a lot of twist is more stable.
-Mark certer of strand bundles for peep installation during build.
-Have a LOT of tension on the string when serving. If your server is causing the string to twist during application, you will end up with some movement..

· Registered
1,146 Posts
I just put a Vapor Trail set on my Scepter NX and was pleasantly surprised to find virtually no movement. This is the first set of string and cables that I haven't made myself in a very long time. I'm very happy with the VP stuff.

Having said this, I'm not quite sure what all of the emphasis on no having peep rotation is all about. I do don't do much special while making strings and after maybe 100 shots, the peep stops rotating in my strings.

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply ,I do everything but mark the center of strand bundles I have not heard it put that way before so I am not qiute sure of how to go about that do you think you could explain that for me thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.