Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 264 Posts

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went into buy a safety harness today and i ONLY use the ones that go around my waist. I cant stand the full body ones. Well they dont me that they arnt being made anymore and i was better off not wearing a safety harness because they would hurt you more then if you fell out of the tree. So well looks like im not wearing one this year. I dont have them in 3 of my stand but not the one im heading to opening morning but it looks like im better off not wearing one then to wear the safety belt ones.
matt

·
Emily's DAD
4,450 Posts
Every time a think about what a hassle it is to wear my harness, I think of my family- I WOULD NEVER CLIMB A TREE WITHOUT ONE! I personally think it should be a game violation to climb without one.

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
You're a big boy so I think you can make any decision you wish.

However, there are plenty of people on here who are going to call you an idiot, moron, stupid, and other things they deem necessary to try to get you to wear one. It's as if they hope you fall, so they can say "Told ya so."

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You're a big boy so I think you can make any decision you wish.

However, there are plenty of people on here who are going to call you an idiot, moron, stupid, and other things they deem necessary to try to get you to wear one. It's as if they hope you fall, so they can say "Told ya so."
I have alway wore one up untill now. But I cant even find the ones i use anymore. So what else can i do. I cant stand the full body ones.
matt

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Every time a think about what a hassle it is to wear my harness, I think of my family- I WOULD NEVER CLIMB A TREE WITHOUT ONE! I personally think it should be a game violation to climb without one.
<-----Democratic underground that way

Might as well just take all personal choice away from everybody while you're at it. It's a free country, stop acting like a communist dictator......

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Well son of a gun! I'll just quit wearing my seatbelt since it goes across my shoulder and I don't like it! To hell with being smart, safe or being able to type properly :)

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I would rather deal with the extra little bit of a hassle/discomfort and be able to come home to my family safely than deal with the results of a fall/injury from not wearing one.

·
Speed Thrills and Kills
4,690 Posts
Please say you're joking.
It is a law in some states to wear one....i guess i just like to hunt and i love my kids and wife and will do everything i can do to go home to them each night...so ill always have one on.......far as im concerned...your better off with anything than nothing at all.....but to each their own...ill wear mine ANY time i am up in a tree no matter how far up it is...i dont bounce to well

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well son of a gun! I'll just quit wearing my seatbelt since it goes across my shoulder and I don't like it! To hell with being smart, safe or being able to type properly :)
Seat belt? I cant stand them, and dont wear it.

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
It's your choice man, if you dont want to wear one dont...But if you decide you do need one take a look at the one from MUDDY Outdoors, I just got one in and man they are nice...

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I went into buy a safety harness today and i ONLY use the ones that go around my waist. I cant stand the full body ones. Well they dont me that they arnt being made anymore and i was better off not wearing a safety harness because they would hurt you more then if you fell out of the tree. So well looks like im not wearing one this year. I dont have them in 3 of my stand but not the one im heading to opening morning but it looks like im better off not wearing one then to wear the safety belt ones.
matt
You'd be better off not hunting than hunting without one. I hate to say it but you are crazy if you dont wear it!!!! You have family??? Do you make your kids wear a seat belt??? WHATEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Speed Thrills and Kills
4,690 Posts
I have alway wore one up untill now. But I cant even find the ones i use anymore. So what else can i do. I cant stand the full body ones.
matt
just out of couriosity what dont you like about the full body harness?
i jsut bought a HSS Pro Series and its way more comfortable than the old normal body harness i had and its like wearing a vest and not jsut a bunch of straps

·
"Keep Hammering"
7,901 Posts
I cant stand the full body ones. Well they dont me that they arnt being made anymore and i was better off not wearing a safety harness because they would hurt you more then if you fell out of the tree.
matt
Try this, Set a treestand 20 feet high, Now with a harness on jump out of the stand, Now go back up the stand and jump off the stand with no harness. And get back to us and tell us which one hurt more. :wink:

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
A belt won't save you anyway you will just break your back even a full harness you can only hang there for a short time

·
Registered
337 Posts
think twice

Last year I had the bottom of climbing stand fall out from under my feet and I have never been more thankful to have my hunter safety system on. But you do what you want, youre old enough to decide that for yourself. To me not wearing my hunter safety system is like not taking toilet paper to the stand. You never know if youll need it but its always better to have it.

Happy Hunting, stay safe

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
every time a think about what a hassle it is to wear my harness, i think of my family- i would never climb a tree without one! I personally think it should be a game violation to climb without one.
++1

·
In the begining God......
3,620 Posts
Why do you think they aren;t being offered? Chances are you would be just as bad being squeezed till your blue in the face as you would breaking your neck.....dead id dead. No matter the cause. If you think they are a hassle, wold you at least look at the muddy's? They have less material than others, I love the Muddy I just bought.

1 - 20 of 264 Posts