Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First let me admit I dont know the first thing about bow tuning.With that being said I recently had WC strings & cables put on my Protec which used to have a nice valley with a good wall for backtension after said cables & strings were installed this thing rolls over and slams into the wall if you go to let up at all to "settle in" it tries to rip your arm off .So what I'm wondering is is this just a tuning issue or am I just wrong thinking somethings not right?It almost feels like the cams are advanced to far or something I have two Protecs and the other one is a dream to shoot this thing kind of scares me but the deal is it shoots very well like this but is just not comfortable.Any ideas?By the way its a Cam 1/2

·
Registered
225 Posts
Got to be a cam timing problem. Check out the sticky above about draw stop timing. It'll tell you all you need to know.

·
EXTREME BOWSTRINGS
11,626 Posts
If there is no vally then you could have a cam out of time or you could be over drawing or under drawing the bow. Any of the 3 can give you the same results as in holding weight and no valley.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts