Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Very awesome looking bow. Darton is definitely one of the most overlooked companies in the industry. Can't wait to try this bow.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Darton

I have been waiting to look at it and it was worth the wait. Awsome looking bow

·
Registered
6,208 Posts
Nice looking bow!:)

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
another copy cat of the x force limbs lol this speed craze is funny to watch:darkbeer:
it happens like this. Pse came out with the x force in 06. Patents are good for 4 years and then rights to the patents become availble for sale. Just like cams and everything else. Almost every company has a preloaded limb speed bow this year. As it is going to be 2010 before to long. Not a bad thing now we are waiting for the next big thing in archery.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
it happens like this. Pse came out with the x force in 06. Patents are good for 4 years and then rights to the patents become availble for sale.
Actually it's 20 years in most cases, 30 in some. A patent holder can sell the rights to anyone to use the patent whenever they want.

·
Registered
23,628 Posts
Nice, but the slide mounted stopper does not appeal to me...easily rectified though.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Back on topic, for whatever reason Darton doesn't seem to push their line much. I've shot some of their bows and thought they were on par with most of the industry. For whatever reason, they choose not to promote heavily.

·
300 or bust
13,140 Posts
it happens like this. Pse came out with the x force in 06. Patents are good for 4 years and then rights to the patents become availble for sale. Just like cams and everything else. Almost every company has a preloaded limb speed bow this year. As it is going to be 2010 before to long. Not a bad thing now we are waiting for the next big thing in archery.
PSE xforce was 07
Patents are good for 17 yrs or 20 yrs (but can expire if you dont protect it, or if you dont pay your maintenance fees)

Id say its an X-force with a binary cam.

·
300 or bust
13,140 Posts
Back on topic, for whatever reason Darton doesn't seem to push their line much. I've shot some of their bows and thought they were on par with most of the industry. For whatever reason, they choose not to promote heavily.
dont have to when Rex and co. can collect on patent royalties.

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
Get your facts straight

another copy cat of the x force limbs lol this speed craze is funny to watch:darkbeer:
So now anyone that uses a split limb is copying PSE??? The quad limbs on the Pro 3800 are NOT BEYOND PARALLEL AT BRACE as the PSE X-FORCE limbs are. What's funny to watch is guys proove they don't have a clue what they are talking about. I guess Hoyt used a time machine to go into the future and copy PSE, since Hoyt Quad limbs pre-date the X-force by many years, as did other companies that have used quad limbs.....Including DARTON, which used them on the Mavericks years ago. To my knowledge, there are only three companies using the BEYOND parallel QUAD limbs: PSE(X-Force), BEAR(Attack), and Mathews(Monster). The Pro 3800 is using a limb geometry very close to the quads seen on the Strother line of bows. If you are going to make a claim that one company is copying another, atleast get your facts straight. :confused:

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
no dewboy not split limbs idiot the style of the preloaded split limbs. its also funny to watch guys take something out of context and go a different direction with it. its all good

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
thats a very sweet looking bow :darkbeer:

luv' the limb-pockets on the 3800... just hope to find one to shoot...

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
The rights become avalible to purchase . But honestly who cares its the next step in bow evolution. Nice to see the x force style technology being used on other bows. It makes the industry better. Darton used the quad limbs years ago as was stated. They had issues and it wasnt a hit back in the day. Technology is great isnt it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts