Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a tradtech titan shooting 3 under. My tiller is +1/8” and my nock set is 5/8”.

I know these are related. Just wondering if it would be better to tiller to zero to lower my nock point or vice versa? Just seems like my nock point is getting very high.

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I ran mine even and u can still run a high nock, I’m at 1” and still get perfect bare shaft flight, I run 1” to get my point on down.

Manual says even 3 under

·
Civil but Disobedient
7,247 Posts
Nock point and tiller are related when stringwalking since you can use either or both to compensate for the imbalance of the bow. I am not sure that it does much for conventional shooting. Your nock point is not high.

I used Tuning for Tens a few years ago to set my nock point and it came out at 13/16. I was concerned so I did some checking. I discovered that 3/4 was fairly common when shooting three under. If you are shooting split then you may be at the top end.

1/8 is typical for split finger. A lot of barebow shooters use even tiller.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
5/8 is about standard 3 under from my experience

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok.... My tradtech manual says 0 to 1/8” tiller for 3 under. How do I know where to set it? Seems ok at 1/8 but maybe I should go with 0. What are the symptoms of the tiller not set correctly?

·
Civil but Disobedient
7,247 Posts
It is about balancing the bow. And from a balance perspective, there is a relationship. If you set your nock point higher, you will pull your top limb more. That can cause your bow pull up. You can compensate by adjusting your tiller. That is not the type of stuff you want to be messing with unless you are stringwalking.

All that said, set you tiller to 0 to 1/8 and you will be okay. That range is not going to have a huge impact. You settings seem okay. If your bareshafts are fine then I would not worry about it. You are in the normal range.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Hello Spears, Hank is right. I'm running 5/8 and 0 to 5/8 and 1/8 negative shooting 3 under. Bareshaft is good and the float feels good at full draw. Lunger

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Tiller is a fine tuning parameter that controls the float of the sight on the target. Split finger generally likes a slightly positive tiller, three under likes an even tiller, and stringwalking seems to favor a slightly negative tiller. Tiller itself does not seem to alter the nock point much but finger position on the string certainly does.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
U guys ever hear about taking an extra half turn out if the top limb to impact ur point on

·
Civil but Disobedient
7,247 Posts
I can't imagine that 1/2 turn would have that much impact. If we think this through, taking a half turn out would pull your top limb back which would cause your bow to want to lift. That imbalance could impact your point on but at the expense of balance and stability.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts