Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need some ideas for a home made noch point on my traditional recurred bow string. I have been using electrical tape and waxed dental floss. But these seem to come apart after a few dozen practice shots in the hot humid weather.

Does anyone have a home remedy that they would share?

What do some of you archers use?

·
Registered
455 Posts
The dental floss thing is good, but only as a band aid, in my opinion. I like plan old string serving tied in a series of overhand knots, then tweaked into shape with needle nose pliers, then coated with c/a glue to bond it in place. Works nice for me. You can even take the string several times into the bow string for a sure stay.

Good Luck,
Steve

·
2nd Amend. Don't lose it
22,041 Posts
I make a homemade one out of serving string...

IT is a bunch of 1/2 hitches? (1/2 of a Square knot.)

#1. take a long string...tie 1/2 of a Square knot (SK). Take both ends and go to the other side of the string and tie another 1/2 SK. (thus it looks like your bow string is inbetween (or in the center of a SK). Do this back and forth about 10 times. (It will be about 1/4 of a inch long or so). Then repeating #1, go OVER the 1/4 inch serving you made (So it is two layers thick). Presto... lightweight... and if you want to move it up or down, you can "Twist" it, and it will "Follow" your serving groves on your string.

DWayne

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to both of you guys for your good ideas, I really appreciate them!

I was beginning to think I threw a real curve ball with this question since I didn’t get a high response!

Thanks again!!!! :tongue:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts