Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Banned
3,222 Posts
adding weight to the string at the point it will have the most effect slowing your speed down. I tie nocks with end serve material on the inside of the D loop, both top and bottom.

· Registered
2,188 Posts
A nock set or rubber eliminater button on the inside ,bottom of the loop will put some downward force on the arrow.
If you are using a thin blade launcher this will help keep it seated on the blade during your draw.
With out this ,the noch pinch at full draw can sometimes lift the front of the arrow off the rest no matter what kind rest you use.
Another way to get this kind of dowm force is tie both nots from your D loop under the nock and use a fixed nock set above the nock.
There is a post floating around on here by a guy named Dudley that shows different D loop set ups and there potencial aplications.

· Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have Dudley article. It is good for showing you how to tie the different sets and loops. But I was hoping to hear what people think about them. My last string and a D loop with two nock sets inside the loop. My new string has only a D loop with very little room inside and no nock sets. I see no different in how the arrow sits on the rest. I was wondering if the tight D loop might pinch the nock and affect release??
NB

· Registered
13,757 Posts
the real difference is, possibly a small loss in speed by having all done.

i do most of the bows in my shop this way unless someone specifically asks otherwise...

its not often that a loop will slip up or down but it can happen.. 1 nock can prevent this...
however i have seen many times when 1 nock has slipped because of pinch by the release jaws and the upward angle most people put on the release..
if a string loop breaks that has two nocks on the inside,, you can simply pull the loop materail off and know that you nock set has not moved
and you can finish your hunt shooting off the string.. there may be a small change in impact but close enough to keep hunting..

· Registered
55,441 Posts
I have seen loops made out of all kinds of material I use one from BCY that holds the string well and isn't bulky.;) I've tied thousands of loops for customers and myself and have never had a problem with nock pinch or loop sliding up or down the string. The only way they move is if the serving separates and that's a failure of the serving not anything to do with the loop.;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.