Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for most of my bow setups the general setup is 1/8th inch high if you use a bubble level for your arrow and string at 90 degrees. It does not make sense to me how a single cam, Binary cam and Overdrive Binary cam could have the same nocking point. Can anyone explain to me a more in depth explanation of a more accurate way to get the perfect nocking point for each cam?

·
Registered
187 Posts
fer me its just preference but im sure some one can give you in indepth view here im tired but most people have their own way of doing it :darkbeer: check out eastons tunning manual it should give you the basics

·
World & National Champion
33,999 Posts
I'll generally set it up close to level and throw a couple shots through paper and go from there.
www.60xcustomstrings.com

·
Registered
19,790 Posts
Dual cams like the OD binary systems like a level nock point and your draw stops to hit at the same time. Same with binary cam bows like Strother/Elite systems. Most hybrids like them a little nock high with a little advanced top cam. Single cams typically like a little higher nock point because they don't have quite as level of nock travel. There's no real trick to it. Just tune them and see what they like.

·
(aka lug nut)
47,335 Posts
So for most of my bow setups the general setup is 1/8th inch high if you use a bubble level for your arrow and string at 90 degrees. It does not make sense to me how a single cam, Binary cam and Overdrive Binary cam could have the same nocking point. Can anyone explain to me a more in depth explanation of a more accurate way to get the perfect nocking point for each cam?
You are correct.
THERE is NO "general setup" that works for everything.

·
Registered
49,444 Posts
I'll generally set it up close to level and throw a couple shots through paper and go from there.
www.60xcustomstrings.com
What I do---eyeball it-------paper shoot-----tune from there. What some people do not realize it's not what it is at relax it's what it is at full draw that counts. If it is slightly nock high at relax at full draw it levels out. Where the nock point ends up depends on the bow and rest used.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
i usually set all of mine at a 1/8" high with the shaft splitting the berger hole.
then paper tune to find the perfect nocking point for that bow.
i have found different bows shoot the best from level to a 1/4" high.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts