Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
"One shot, One Kill"
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I'm using GT standard nocks in my 6.5 eastons. I have nock points tied for that size. When I go to use my nocturnals they are slightly thicker and cause pinch at full draw.

Is there a nock that closely resembles nocturnals thickness so I can eliminate this issue?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I haven’t tried the chineseium nocturnals yet, but seem to recall that was one of the benefits. Run a search here, that was a hot topic around 3 years ago (I’m guessing).
People were ordering from Alibaba and EBay. I normally try to buy USA products, but the Nockturnals switched to Chinese manufacturing years ago so…🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I think the Nockturnals that are the Universal ones are a little thicker than the "S" size you can order to specifically fit .245 ID arrows. But all I have right now are the "S" ones so I can't be sure about the Universals being slightly thicker, just sort of remember that.
The Nockturnal "S" nocks I have mic about .185

In comparison a Black Eagle standard is .190
A Bohning Blazer is .168
A Bohning super 3D nock is .216
And NAP makes a nock NAP-CARBAN-G that is .214
I usually just make the nocturnal fit just right, and leave the other a little loose if its smaller, if my broadheads shoot well enough I run with it. When hunting season is over, I will usually just retie the nock points to fit whatever nock. I have always liked the Bohning Blazer nock for accuracy, but it is one of the thinnest. That's splitting hairs though.

I also have some Lumenoks for .245 arrows and they mic .170

That's all I see laying around right now.

·
Registered
Bowtech Realm X and PSE Inertia 50lbs
5,537 Posts
I have filed mine down to make them not as wide

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Anyone have an in on some nockturnal authentic nock size h?
Don’t they have them. I looked as I went through same issue. The nocturnals are the closest, reasonable nocks when dealing with the size. I just don’t understand why these companies make them so thick, knowing it’s an issue with this. The lumenocks may be thinner, but then you are dealing with whole fitment issue in the shaft. You make them so they fit nice and a little easier to turn off, they are able to pop out when hitting hard bone and turning off.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
I measured nocks I have around for standard “s” size. The Bohning signature nocks mic at .215, and the nocturnals I just got measure .193.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts