Archery Talk Forum banner

Noisy Blazers -- does it matter?

610 Views 16 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  HickoryStick
I tried Blazers (actually the Vanetec knock-off called "HP") on my 3D arrows this year and they fly great . . . but the noise really bugs me; I would think this would make the deer much more likely to jump the string and would make follow-up shots less likely because the noise would scare the deer of if you missed on the first shot. (Not that I ever got a follow-up shot anyway)

You guys who are using them, what do you think -- does it matter? Have you seen deer react to the noise?
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
1,739 Posts
Use blazers with a slight helical and Magnus 4 blade stingers...now there's noise for ya.....whoa! Like a train whistle. Luckily , so far this year, the deer haven't been able to jump it. I'll probably go back to Thunderheads next year for good.

· Registered
475 Posts
I fletched up some for a guy and that's all he complained about. This was the actual Blazer vane. I put quite a bit of offset on it though and maybe that's the reason. I have them on my arrows that are on from the factory and don't notice any noise at all.

· Registered
186 Posts
I have had no problem with mine at all. I shot 2 does this fall and neither one knew what hit them. The last one I shot was with another doe and she stood there watching the one I shot crash away. Wich only made it about 20 yards by the way. She just stood there so it must not have bothered her too much.

· Premium Member
10,362 Posts
The noise is only heard from behind the arrow. I have tested this with my son's arrows. He shot from 30 yds while I stood down range (out of the way of course :wink:) and I could not hear anything until it passed by me.

· Registered
1,238 Posts
I have shot blazers for several years & the biggest reason I went with them is because it was said they were quieter than most other vanes.My hunting buddies & I did a little testing of our own & discovered they were considerably quieter in flight than the 4" vanes we had previously used. Same test as above, one of us stood downrange , out of harms way & listened as the arrows went by. I have no desire to shoot anything else.

· Registered
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks for the replies everyone . . . I guess I won't worry about it and just give them a try

Why would you mention blazers when you aren't using them? My Blazers are great, It's not our fault you chose unwisely....
if I posted "Noisy Vanetec HP's" would it have meant anything to anybody?

like I said before, when standing behind them like you would when shooting them, the "real" Blazers are just as noisy if not noisier . . . if you can't hear it, that might be because you have them fletched straight or nearly straight, or maybe your hearing isn't so good

this thing about listening from the front or the side is interesting though, I might have to try that . . . in the mean time I think I'll keep them in my quiver for a hopefull field test.

· Registered
313 Posts
noisy with a helical

I switched to Blazers this year. I fletched them with a helical and I think they are noisy in flight. I do like them since they are easy to fletch and they fly good. I may fletch a few with an offset to see..I mean to hear...the difference.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.