Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Brotherhood of the Arrow
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i just got a new cordless peep sight on my bow...before i had a corded peep....to put the peep
on the string needed twisted differently...also i switched to blazers...i turned the draw weight up on my bow without
using a bow press? should i have used a press? i only turned it up 2 fulls turns...1/2 turn at a time. now when i went to shoot it it makes a loud dong sound...it has string silencers. it also has limb savers... it is a fred bear code....

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
You should not need a press to change the poundage on the bow. Whenever you up the lbs of your setup it will get louder because it is releasing more energy on the shot than b4. What kind of string silencers are you using. It sounds like you are hearing string oscillation after the shot.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Also when you bring your poundage up, you need to make sure your arrow is spined correctly. Shooting a heavier arrow will quiet it up some, and you might think about puting a STS on it.

·
Registered
922 Posts
has your bow been sitting a while?

If so, you may want to add some twists to the string and cables. This depends, on how many twists you are running in your string and cables. Also, make sure that you twist the string and cables in such a way that you don't throw off your timing poundage and draw length. I like a good tight setup myself...

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Your peep is probably the main problem. The smaller peep will leave your atring longer or looser and it will make more noise. Tighten it up so your axle to axle distance is close to factory specs. Maybe 2 or 3 twists, if you didnt make length changes while installing the new peep.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts