Archery Talk Forum banner

Noisy Strikers?

571 13
I shot a doe this morning with the origanal striker head from G5 and my dad was sitting about a 100 yards away and he said when I shot he heard the broadhead whistle. Anyone else ever have a striker whistle on them?
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
36,134 Posts
Never...I have shot Strikers since they were released and I shoot hundreds of shots per year and have never heard them whistle....I have heard Montecs whistle.

Your dad might just have better hearing than I do.

Have you ever heard them whistle??

· Registered
6,628 Posts
My guess is that it wasn't the broadhead he heard. No disrespect to your father by any means, but I have PERFECT hearing and I can't hear a sound out of them at 1 yard let alone 100 lol :eek:

· Registered
1,975 Posts
100 yards away and heard the G5 whistle.....must have better hearing than me!!!

· DefiantShooter
11,046 Posts
I don't think so, unless you had a blade or the broadhead itself was loose....These things are big time quiet when I shoot 'em! :secret:

· Registered
873 Posts
I agree. I have not heard a peep out of my strikers. The only way I see one making noise is if it is not screwed in all the way and a blade is loose.

· Registered
2,919 Posts
slick tricks, and also blazer vanes (and similar) are pretty noisy too, but most folks who use them say it doesn't matter . . . seems to me it would make it more likely that the deer would jump the string or spook after a miss and not offer a second shot (not that I usually get or need a second shot anyway)

I like quiet vanes and broadheads better, whether it matters or not

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.