Archery Talk Forum banner
  • Enter in this new Contest Sponsored by Walmart for your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have victory 350 gamer arrows (.204 ID) that came with 21g aluminum half-out style inserts. I was looking for something in the 40-50g. I see Black Eagle, and others sell closer to what I"m looking in the .204 size. Does anyone have experience using inserts that are not the same brand, but made for the same ID arrow ?

Victory also sells the Back Weight in the 20g that I can add to my 21g inserts...If I can find them !!!!
I called victory today to see if they have them. I rather just have the insert/outsert than deal with weights though

·
Registered
375 Posts
In my opinion the black eagle halfouts in the .204 dia. are crap way to much wobble I squared my arrows prior to installing them I think maybe two of the twelve inserts actually spun true there not worth your time or money this was my own personal experience maybe I got a bad batch of halfouts but ya there crap look at ethics if you want a decent insert for your arrows good luck

·
Registered
JUST ANOTHER KEYBOARD WARRIOR 😁
2,398 Posts
Yes you can use non oem halfouts or any inserts with the proper size. I use ethics archery halfouts in all my .204's

·
Registered
36 Posts
Iron will has a few options for small diameter arrows. Ive used their collars on some east axis and really liked em

·
Registered
Prime Black 1, Sinoart Falcon Recurve
816 Posts
Ethics makes good stuff. I use Goldtip FACT weights which I like because you can use the long Allen wrench tool to add or remove as you like. I have both 20 and 50 grain weights. Cool for tinkering, but I prefer a stainless insert when possible (I hate buying aftermarket components, or my wallet does).

FYI, the new Victory RIP shafts now come with 50 grain stainless half outs instead of aluminum. The RIP TKO come with aluminum Shok TL outserts.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I use ethics as well but stay away from their aluminum components as they are extremely prone to bending in the finished arrow and throwing off your spin. The stainless components have been good to go for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts