Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is any compound bow hunter, using any of the non-peep sights, especially any of the Red Dots? I am having trouble finding any field test results for BSA Red Dots, or The Hind Sight. Or is the technology too new for field testing?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Go to archeryinnovations.com and check out the bow anchor sight. Been shooting for month on Hoyt, kill pig @ 7:30 pm 9/8 in TX, and just converted two friends last week- Good Luck

·
Registered
311 Posts
I have been experimenting:

Hind sight: Tried it last year. It was decently accurate. It was easy to shoot one pin, but took thought to use other pins. The system is that you always line up the rear sight with the same pin. Then put a different pin on the target. It is counter intuitive and I was concerned I would forget in the heat of the moment. Also, I was never confident with the stability of the rear site. It seemed like a flimsy way to attach it and I was always concerned it would get knocked off position, although it never actually happened to me.

Anchor site. I liked this better. It took a while to set up, but worked well once I did. It does a very good job of getting you into a consistent position and identifying torgue problems. The downside is that it adds another piece of equipment into the sight window. Add the Anchor site and a sight with 5 pins and a bubble level and there is a lot of stuff in the view. I never shot as well as I did with a peep, but it was still acceptable. I also had some concern with its durability as well, but it was more sturdy than the Hind Sight.

Red dot. I am working with a Zeiss Z-Point now and the HHA adjustable mount. I haven't got it completely set up yet. The HHA mount is difficult to set up, so it is taking me a while. This seems to be the best solution for ease of use with both eyes open and for full field of view. It is also very robust, so should be durable. I don't know how accurate it will be. Adjusting for different ranges is going to be slow, so that will clearly be a weakness.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I recommend the Anchor Sight. If someone recommends the No-peep, they just haven't tried the Anchor sight yet! Man that is a dangerous statement...but the Anchor sight is the way to go. I will never go back to a peep ever again...and I shot a buddy's bow with a No-Peep and was convinced I had got the right product. It fixes your form and demands consistency so that it doesn't become just another item in your sight picture, it becomes so natural to get a good anchor point, and the Anchor sight then is just a crutch to ensure it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Red Dot

I tried the No-Peep for awhile. It works, but didn't really care for it. Tried the BSA red dot, and have been usin' the 40 mm on both my bows for a couple of years now. Low light is no longer a problem, and both eyes open let's ya see it all. I don't use an adjustable mount, don't like the hassle. For the money they're hard to beat. I've heard the high dollar ones give a crisper dot. But I've been happy with mine.

·
Don't Blink!
3,143 Posts
Been using the Hindsight for the past 5 seasons with pretty good results. With the larger peep sizes now available, this past summer I tried to switch back to one to better use an adjustable/slider sight, but never felt comfortable with the change in anchor position or sight window. Put the Hindsight back on and will not look back. I also tried the No-Peep, but the set-up was too "tricky". There's several good "no-peep" devices available on the market...you'll just have to try some and pick the one that works best for you.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Anchor Sight gets my vote, it is well made, I thought the set-up was easy and I am extremely happy with the results. After installing the Anchor sight, I am shooting with more confidence than I was with a peep. (I am not punching my trigger anymore).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts