Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Leggo My Eggo
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already have a few replaceable blade heads I really like so I'm looking to pick up some 2 and 3 blade 100gr non-replaceable blade heads. Easily sharpened and durable and great flying is important. What's your favorites?

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
To blade, the old Zwickey are good heads, two blade. Magnus are great, but you could consider them replacement. Both of these sharpen up well on a Lansky.
I have not use three blade non replaceable, because I have not found a way to get them sharp enough.

·
Registered
11,442 Posts
Zwickeys 2 blade. I used MA3s for several years b/4 replaceable blades were even thought of. Not easy to sharpen but used a stone & file. 3 Blade Snuffers. I used a stone on them + finish with a file. Prefer 3 blades over any other head. Exclusive 3 blades last 43 years but replaceable blades (Rocky Mountains)

·
Registered
774 Posts
I love the NAP Hellrazor. It's what I've been shooting for several years now. With the right system, they sharpen nicely.

·
Former Wyoming Boy
8,664 Posts
NAP Hellrazor is what I've been using.
Lay it flat on a flat wetstone or flat diamond sharpener and they are easy to get razor sharp.
Tough as hell, too.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
magnus is what i use, i like the black hornets. stingers are great too. the snuffer is magnus's version of the hellrazor, lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Like ahunter I used the MAIIIs forever , used others the Snuffer , Zwickey 2 and 4 blade, Grizzly 2 Blades even used Fred's BH as well as others and some I have forgotten ,used the MAIIIs more than anything else though they were the hardest for me to sharpen

magnus is what i use, i like the black hornets. stingers are great too. the snuffer is magnus's version of the hellrazor, lifetime warranty.
Pretty sure the snuffer etc were around before the hellrazor , never used a hellrazor but looks like it'd do the job.

·
Corripe Cervisiam
21,229 Posts
I shot the Hellrazors for awhile along with the magnus snuffer Ss heads....both good. I prefer the VPA's to those now.

Lots of good solid blade heads, VPA, Iron Will, Bishop, Tusker.......

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
The Solid heads are pretty nice as well. You get the choice of a 1/2" bleeder or 3/4" bleeder and the main blade resharpens with leather. Razor sharp s30v steel and holds the edge even after pass thrus.

·
Leggo My Eggo
3,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ordered some Hellrazors to try and will probably order a few VPAs to try later on. Those Solids look nice but might be a little on the pricey side for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts