Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been putting in for the non-resident moose lottery for a few years now and have not been drawn. I've talked to some guides and other people that live in Maine and they said my chances are slim. Should I continue to apply every year or am I just wasting my time? What are my chances of pulling a tag?

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I have been applying for at least 12 years and not been drawn. However, my friend Ralph was picked twice in a 10 year period. So there is hope.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
maine

im going to try this year myself maybe ill be lucky and get it on the first year. one can only hope.

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Keep putting in ! sooner or later you will get your chance!

·
Registered
242 Posts
I guess it depends on how lucky you feel. Like the guys have said here on this post. I also have applied and no luck. I am going to try again this year and see what happens. I also have talked to people that have entered since the start of the moose lottery and no luck. Some people get it every time they apply. I know a guy here that has been 4 times.
I would think the state would not let others apply till everyone has had at least 1 moose hunt under their belt. But then they would lose a lot of money if they did that.
Just my 2 cents.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.