Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, new guy here.

I have just got into archery and really don't know much so I came here.:)

I have a friend who is putting what I beleive to be a Browning "Stalker" bow(apears to be a wood compound bow with a #55 draw and 50% let-off) in a grage sale and I was thinking about buying it since the bow I have now(a Bear "whitetail hunter")for some reason will not shoot a arrow without fish-tailing.

Anyway I was wondering if y'all could tell me what would be a good price for this bow, and if I should even mess with trying to get it?

I don't have much money to spent on a new bow so a brand new one is out.

Thanks for any info.
Mike.

· Registered
4,599 Posts
Dude! wood limb bows are out. Save up 300 - 500 and buy one on the classifieds here. You would be much better off with the newest bow possible. A great starter bow is a pse nova, they usually go on here under 150 bucks. This is a great place to get started and fully rigged out! Good Luck :wink:

· Registered
5,479 Posts
Welcome!!!

I would agree with the first post.

Save up some money and try get a hold of a newer used here in the classifieds.

Good luck!

· Registered
181 Posts
You can probably get the Whitetail hunter to stop fish tailing with the proper arrows and tuning. Do a search on tuning and arrows fishtailing. This would save you the money you were going to spend on another bow for accessories.

However, If you can scrape up a little more money you can get a much newer used bow. I got a fantastic deal on a Forge F2 bow on Ebay and it is absolutely the best bow I've ever owned--just love it. I got it for a third of the price of a new one. Be sure and do your research before you buy one online. Make sure there are lots of photos that are close up enough to get decent detail.

Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.