Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received an offer in the mail to join this club. Supposedly it is $1 a month and you receive all sorts of cool hunting things. I guess manufacturers want hunters to test their products so they give some to this organization and then they distribute them out to their members. Plus, I guess you are allowed to keep them once you tried them out, all you have to do is fill out a questionnaire regarding the product.

Is anyone on here a member of this organization? Is it really as good as it sounds, or is it just a scam?

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
Don't do it you'll thank me later.:thumbs_do

·
Trollinus Maximus.
33,461 Posts
ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun :thumbs_do

·
Registered
429 Posts
do a search and you will find they have quite a repetition...just like buckmasters...my opinion after being a member is don't waste your time and money on them.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can you guys elaborate a little on the down side of it?

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Well as a member, i can say good things and bad thing about them. Good things, there magazine if faily nice, i like reading it and all, lots of good information. Bad thing, dont let them send you anything. I have had them send me free books and dvd, with the line return it if you dont want it. well i did and they never seem to get it back and then they try to bill me for it. then it a half hour on the phone getting it all figured out. so i will let you decide, just letting you know.

·
Live Free or Die!
8,618 Posts
I joined the North American Fishing Club years ago. Booooooo.
Yes, I got my sweet chinese fillet knives and free fish hooks. They would send me lures and hooks and say they were a free gift, but BTW, buy this! I'd tear the stuff up and in the tackle box went the stuff. Yes, I got a few nice little things, but I'd rather not with all the other nonsense they send you. I'd take a pass. Two bucks worth of lures or a grunt call doesn't make all the junk mail worth it. IMHO.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Nach is NOT a hunting club. It is a selling organization.

Try following an article in the advertising platform they call a magazine. The "Value" tools / gear are items you can do better from harbor freight, walmart or even dollar stores. Their entire plan is something of a contradiction; catoring to high dollar hunts and outfitters & pushing junk to hunt with. Your subscription (aka sales outlet) is rewarded by a 25 cent trinket made in China. Basicaly junk for people with stupid money.

The money people spend on frivilous & questionable outfits such nach could probably match what the anti's spend.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I was a member and enjoyed the magazine and I liked the guys who were initially at the organization. Then, they matured and went commercial... like Buckmasters.

Their pursuit seemed to change from wild game and having fun to money. They started selling all kinds of stuff and pushing for me to become a "Life Member." I was never sent any freebie gear. They always had a couple of pages in their magazine showing the cheap stuff that they gave away and they always included a blurb about the newest Mathews bow or some new inline muzzleloader that showed up at their office but never made it into a member's hands.

I always had this nagging question in the back of my mind, so what is this club doing for the average member? Eventually, I realized that I was just a number and an address. A sucker to hit on.

Took me years to finally get them to stop e-mailing me.

I wouldn't rank them down there with Buckmasters though.

Shadow Man

·
Trophy Meat Hunter
11,248 Posts
NAHC is almost as bad as Buckmasters, not quite, but almost. Best to stay clear.

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
Keep the free mailing labels and chuck the rest!!!!!!:thumbs_do

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
The one good I've gotten out of the club are the people that I've met online and in person.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Keep the free mailing labels and chuck the rest!!!!!!:thumbs_do
true that ...was a member at one time ... never again :angry: started getting phone calls at 11 pm , them tring to sell me crap product's.. same drill set you can get at harber frieght FOR $30 they wanted $180... when I asked the non english speakin person where were they calling from?
umm were in AL. or GA. ( 2 diff calls) Now Im sure I was speaking to a few middle east indian call centers. guess they should have check the time zone charts better...or at least had someone that spoke english :p

·
Registered
159 Posts
I made the mistake of joining. I got a lot of pressure to keep in the club and be a life memeber. I was constantly getting phone calls and junk mail from them. Then there was the books they sent out. It was a hassle to send them back because I didn't want them in the first place. As a field tester I got like 6-3" shoot n c targets. They were pretty much useless becasue they were so small. Not worth the money I spent on the membership.

·
Need to get to town,fasst
6,029 Posts
I have been a member and won't ever do it again. Same comments as others, little to no free stuff to test and keep. Ton's of stuff being sent to me without me asking and saying check it out, if you like it keep it, if not send it back. When sent back it took forever to get them to realize they got it back and to stop sending me notices that I owed them something.

I also didn't like the magazine.

Keep clear IMO :thumbs_do

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Don't do it you'll thank me later.:thumbs_do
[QUOTENach is NOT a hunting club. It is a selling organization.

Try following an article in the advertising platform they call a magazine. The "Value" tools / gear are items you can do better from harbor freight, walmart or even dollar stores. Their entire plan is something of a contradiction; catoring to high dollar hunts and outfitters & pushing junk to hunt with. Your subscription (aka sales outlet) is rewarded by a 25 cent trinket made in China. Basicaly junk for people with stupid money.

The money people spend on frivilous & questionable outfits such nach could probably match what the anti's spend. [/QUOTE]

I have had them send me free books and dvd, with the line return it if you dont want it. well i did and they never seem to get it back and then they try to bill me for it. could not have said it better myself.

I like the magazine, just not worth all the hassle. All of the stuff I got was junk!!!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Nice magazine. Jim Shockey use to write an article for them that was always at the back of the magazine and was funny as heck.
I joined for 1 year and it was 1 year too long. I would recieve books and crap in the mail and have to return them if I didn't want to pay for them. The way I look at it, if you send me something and I didn't order it, it's mine. Bu tthe ohone calls were very annoying.
My buddy is a member so now I just get his old magazines without all the phone calls and crap that goes along with a membership.
My 2 cents.

·
Registered
14,752 Posts
I've made the mistake of becoming a member before. Worst $12 I ever spent!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts