Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

· Cayuta Creek Outdoors
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's that time of year again. Time for my bi-annual trip out to the Sunflower state to chase whitetails in the creek bottoms of North Central Kansas.

Leaving Saturday morning the 12th for the 19 hour trip to my favorite place on the globe during Mid to late November. Weather for travel looks excellent so far, and the hunting the next ten days or so look great as well. Gonna be tough to top my trip out in 2018 (Ver.2.0) but I'm gonna try.

Here is links to my last two trips out where I took my two biggest bucks to date.

Ecoregion World Map Atlas Parallel

· Cayuta Creek Outdoors
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are the last two bucks that I was lucky enough to bring home.

2018 - 174-2/8"

Camouflage Plant Military camouflage Hunting Tree

· Cayuta Creek Outdoors
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good luck! I’ll be heading out there this Wednesday the 9th till the 16th. Weather, moon, and rut look very promising.
Good luck to you too.

You timed your trip perfect for the weather forecast.

· Bettering the last.....
6,160 Posts
Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NYyotekiller

· Cayuta Creek Outdoors
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Starting to get real excited seeing all these giants in the Kansas 2022 thread hitting the dirt out there.

The guy I hunt with sent me a picture of a giant 212" buck that a local got the other day. 3 more days of work before I leave Saturday morning.

· Registered
3,815 Posts
It's that time of year again. Time for my bi-annual trip out to the Sunflower state to chase whitetails in the creek bottoms of North Central Kansas.

Leaving Saturday morning the 12th for the 19 hour trip to my favorite place on the globe during Mid to late November. Weather for travel looks excellent so far, and the hunting the next ten days or so look great as well. Gonna be tough to top my trip out in 2018 (Ver.2.0) but I'm gonna try.

Here is links to my last two trips out where I took my two biggest bucks to date.

View attachment 7732562
How about ya shoot something big for once? hahaha Blessings on the travels and the trip!

· Registered
55 Posts
Have lived in northeast Kansas all my life. Just recently started getting interested in hunting/archery. Never realized Kansas was such a destination spot for white tail. I have small group of deer ( 5-6 doe, 1 decent 6 point, and a tall 4x3) that come through my front yard nearly daily.

· Cayuta Creek Outdoors
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'll be blasting off in the morning with the heavy Chevy pointed west.

I'll be staying the night in Ottawa Illinois and then driving the remainder 8 hours on Sunday.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts