Archery Talk Forum banner

North Central Kansas rut-cation 2022 (Ver. 4.0) - Semi live from the stand

8747 108
It's that time of year again. Time for my bi-annual trip out to the Sunflower state to chase whitetails in the creek bottoms of North Central Kansas.

Leaving Saturday morning the 12th for the 19 hour trip to my favorite place on the globe during Mid to late November. Weather for travel looks excellent so far, and the hunting the next ten days or so look great as well. Gonna be tough to top my trip out in 2018 (Ver.2.0) but I'm gonna try.

Here is links to my last two trips out where I took my two biggest bucks to date.

Ecoregion World Map Atlas Parallel
101 - 109 of 109 Posts

· Cayuta Creek Outdoors
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Here is my footage from my last day of hunting out there on November 19th.

· Cayuta Creek Outdoors
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
I've never hunted Kansas so maybe this is common, but I never would've expected that buck to walk directly down the drainage in front of you vs. paralleling it.
In the area that I hunt the deer typically travel in these drainage's/ditches to stay out of sight. I never would've believed it myself if not for seeing it. These drainage's are tore up with tracks where they travel and even bed in. The deer feel safe because they are not visible from any road.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, in this area the whitetail's biggest enemy is road hunting and poaching. Nothing spooks a deer out there like a vehicle driving by on a gravel/dirt road.

· Cayuta Creek Outdoors
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·

· Lift, Run, Shoot
15,061 Posts
Thanks for sharing! Looked like a great hunt! Don’t have to tag out to enjoy the hunt. I haven’t tagged a buck this year either but had some great sits during the rut here in IL.

· Cayuta Creek Outdoors
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
Thanks for sharing! Looked like a great hunt! Don’t have to tag out to enjoy the hunt. I haven’t tagged a buck this year either but had some great sits during the rut here in IL.
Couldn't agree more! Thanks for following along.

101 - 109 of 109 Posts