Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hunting the Badlands for muley's. Any body having any luck yet on muley's or whitetails? Post the pics

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Ill be hunting the badlands in SD for mulies in a month.... if the deer are still there that i glassed a month ago scouting its going to be an awsome trip..... very cool country!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have run in to more guys hunting than i have seen deer. Seems like theres a guy in each canyon, trucks loaded with 4 and 5 hunters. I thought tag numbers where reduced didnt expect this much hunting pressure. The deer herd seems to be really down ugh :(

·
Enjoying Archery
1,182 Posts
I expected the deer numbers to be down. I won't get out there until October. I have never seen too many hunters out there. Of course once you get a few miles from any road the numbers of hunters thin out pretty good. Hike way back into areas and you will hunt alone. Good luck out there.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Its been getting real crowded out here the last few years. Lots of resident bowhunters doing the mule deer thing the first couple weeks of September, plus all the oil riggers that have residency status now. Than on top of that you got Elk hunters and youth rifle deer too.

The last couple years have been a real circus out here through most of September.

Gettin tougher and tougher to "get a few miles from a road" with all the new oil exploration, turning into a road hunters wet dream.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts