Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you out there have ever hunted Chain O' Lakes, Moraine Hills, or Volo Bog?

I am curious about their restrictions as far as letting certain numbers of hunters be on the property at the same time. Also curious how the draws and things work for accessing the properties.

You can PM me if you'd like.

Just moved to IL last August from WI and would like to find some places locally to hunt. I live just outside the city in the NW burbs so it's tough as I am sure you all know. I still bow hunt WI, but it would be nice to get out in the woods on a Saturday or Sunday without driving 4 hours to the property.

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ttt

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ttt

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ttt

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ttt

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sorry never hunted those areas. Not sure if you looked at the fact sheets on the DNR website.

Here is the rundown for Chain O'lakes

DEER/TURKEY ARCHERY HUNTING: Season 11/02/09 - 12/22/09 Monday & Tuesday ONLY; Late Season 12/26/09 -1/17/10 Daily

1. A maximum of 35 hunters either deer or turkey will be allowed to hunt at any time.
2. Monday Hunting: Lottery will be held on Monday (4 a.m.) before the hunt. Tuesday Hunting: hunters allowed on first come first serve basis. Tuesday hunters may not line up prior to 3 p.m. on Mondays.
3. All hunting is with bow and arrow (no crossbows unless over 62 or with disabled permit.)
4. Hunters must check in and out with check station. Harvest must be reported at check station.
5. Hunting restricted to West of the Fox River (see map).
6. Deer/turkey stands must be portable and removed daily. No nails or spikes allowed in trees.
7. All scouting must be done before the season starts.
8. Hunting hours are per statewide regulations.
9. Late season: A special late season hunt will be 12/26/09 thru 1/17/10. Hunting is at the Oak Point Day Use Area. Daily quota of ten hunters are filled on a first come first serve basis. Hunters must check in, and out at Oak Point. Check in regulations will be posted.
10. Illinois Deer Archery Permit, Illinois Turkey Archery Permit and Illinois Habitat Stamp are required.
11. An antlerless deer must be harvested before a buck may be taken.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Same Here

I have a very similar story to yours. I normally hunt just north of Eau Claire County. I'm about 15 minutes away from Chain O' Lakes and have heard good things about it. No personal experience though, but trying to get out there sometime this season. Maybe I'll run into you out there!

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry never hunted those areas. Not sure if you looked at the fact sheets on the DNR website.

Here is the rundown for Chain O'lakes

DEER/TURKEY ARCHERY HUNTING: Season 11/02/09 - 12/22/09 Monday & Tuesday ONLY; Late Season 12/26/09 -1/17/10 Daily

1. A maximum of 35 hunters either deer or turkey will be allowed to hunt at any time.
2. Monday Hunting: Lottery will be held on Monday (4 a.m.) before the hunt. Tuesday Hunting: hunters allowed on first come first serve basis. Tuesday hunters may not line up prior to 3 p.m. on Mondays.
3. All hunting is with bow and arrow (no crossbows unless over 62 or with disabled permit.)
4. Hunters must check in and out with check station. Harvest must be reported at check station.
5. Hunting restricted to West of the Fox River (see map).
6. Deer/turkey stands must be portable and removed daily. No nails or spikes allowed in trees.
7. All scouting must be done before the season starts.
8. Hunting hours are per statewide regulations.
9. Late season: A special late season hunt will be 12/26/09 thru 1/17/10. Hunting is at the Oak Point Day Use Area. Daily quota of ten hunters are filled on a first come first serve basis. Hunters must check in, and out at Oak Point. Check in regulations will be posted.
10. Illinois Deer Archery Permit, Illinois Turkey Archery Permit and Illinois Habitat Stamp are required.
11. An antlerless deer must be harvested before a buck may be taken.

Good luck
Yeah, I saw that. That is why I picked those three locations. Thanks for posting up though!

Chase

1 - 8 of 8 Posts