Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All, looking to get back into shooting spots indoors. Was a local, state and national shooter back in the late 80's and early 90's. Quit to get my life back on the right track. I'm in a good position now with a wonderful girlfriend who is interested in shooting as well. Only problem is, the only known indoor range near me is pretty much done. Don's Archery in Eastlake is closed/closing. Was by there today and spent a few hours just chatting with Don about everything. I have known Don for as long as I've been shooting and he is a great guy and a great shot. Hate to hear that the business of indoor ranges / archery in general has really taken a downturn over the past 20 years or so.

So, where I am now is trying to find a place to shoot that is close and has space for an old timer / newbie to get back into the sport. Also looking for a place where I can get my girlfriend shooting (have the bow) with no pressure on her.

If anyone can let me know if there is such a place local, I would appreciate it. For reference, we are located in Mentor Ohio, about 25 miles east of Cleveland.

Thanks all!

Harold

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
This is news to me. I don't shoot their often but that's where I have to pass a shooting test for hunting my urban hunting spot. I know of Geauga Bow in Middlefield has a 10 lane 20 yrd indoor range there are a few outdoor ranges such as Sports Junction in Geneva. I hope this will help for I know archery ranges are hard to find especially indoors.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome! Did not know that was there in Middlefield. Will definitely be checking that out.

Thanks for the info! Hope to see you there.

As for Don's. I don't think he is even doing the qualifications for the urban hunts anymore. The shop is pretty much empty. No bows, no equipment, nothing. He still has a bow press and cutoff saw but thats about it. The range is still there but his Ford Bronco is as well.

Harold

·
Registered
6,963 Posts
Great lakes outdoor supply in Middlefield just aquired a new building across the street and they are building a huge indoor spot and 3d range. Its in an old shopping plaza they are going to be using the whole thing. Should be awesome! Geauga Bow has a nice indoor range as well and its only like $7/ hour to shoot. They have leagues as well.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Check out Great Lakes Outdoor Supply in Middlefield. As mentioned, they have a range getting constructed. But you will not find a better bow tech in the area other than Jeff. Stop in to the shop or give them a call and ask for Jeff. He'll get you taken care of. Tell him Dan sent you.

·
Registered
6,963 Posts
Check out Great Lakes Outdoor Supply in Middlefield. As mentioned, they have a range getting constructed. But you will not find a better bow tech in the area other than Jeff. Stop in to the shop or give them a call and ask for Jeff. He'll get you taken care of. Tell him Dan sent you.
According to Jeff they are going to have a 20 yard Technohunt in the new building. I cant wait. You are right about him he knows how to tune a bow! He set all of mine up and they shoot laser straight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts