Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Vendor
25,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Northeast Ohio Sportsman's show in Dalton Ohio starts tomorrow through Saturday. Stop by our booth 506 and try out the stabilizer straps, get a free Kentucky bow rope Just for trying the straps out.
http://www.ohiosportsmanshow.com/

·
Vendor
25,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Darrin: I have never attended the cleveland show as it is more boats and bs. I did this little show a few years ago and it was only a 2 day show. Very well attended and quite a bit for hunters.

Ballistic, look forward to meeting you. I'll be leaving in a few minutes to set up this afternoon and evening. Stop by and I'll get ya a pass.

·
Is it beer:30 yet??
6,415 Posts
Ya took about 10 minutes to see everything.if you wanted a blow gun,leather belt or beef jerky that was the place to be
Lol. Seems to be that way with a lot of "outdoorsman shows". As long as they have the money to pay for a booth, seems they'll let anyone in. I have heard good things about this smaller show tho, and as a Dalton HS grad, I might have to swing up on Saturday to visit the old stomping grounds. If nothing else, it is a nice venue with easy access. Probably lots of Amish at that show too, TONS of Amish in the area. Nothing wrong with that though, just be prepared:pukey:. Too bad the Dalton Dariette is closed until spring, cause that alone would be worth the drive. :thumbs_up

·
Registered
883 Posts
I will be at the Dalton show. Small show, but good event. I agree with the Dariette, the wife & I used to stop there regularly.

·
Is it beer:30 yet??
6,415 Posts
I will be at the Dalton show. Small show, but good event. I agree with the Dariette, the wife & I used to stop there regularly.
:thumbs_up I used to live in Marshallville at one time too, right on Church St down by Gloria Ave.....Small world. Yep you heard it right, I had to go from a Smithie to a Bulldog.....definitely a tough transition, lol.

Good to see shows like this come to that area, should help out the locals a lot. A great geographic area, and very easy to get to.

·
snıuǝƃ ɹǝʇsɐ&#6
1,983 Posts
I stopped attending the cleveland IX center show years ago.....

I had buddies who owned a little hunting shop about 25 miles west of Cleveland...they used to get a booth every year but they priced them right out of it. I forget what the booth rent was but was wayyyy too much for a small shop selling fishing gear and hunting accessories to even break even.

·
pro deer watcher
2,336 Posts
Might end up out their my buddys uncle will have a booth. He does woodworking and carving

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
No kidding! That show was a total joke 20 years ago. Every year it gets a little worse.
Many years ago it was something to look forward to. There was a lot of archery reps, gun reps, and hunting equipment. It was a place to go to check out and try new stuff. Then they screwed many hunters for years as the show got worse and worse. For me it was a big deal and we would make a day of it. I sure miss it.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Many years ago it was something to look forward to. There was a lot of archery reps, gun reps, and hunting equipment. It was a place to go to check out and try new stuff. Then they screwed many hunters for years as the show got worse and worse. For me it was a big deal and we would make a day of it. I sure miss it.
I still go every year with my dad. It's been a tradition since I was 12 or so. Back then, there were all kinds of new things to tinker with and the boat show was combined. Once they separated the two, it really went down hill quick. I did pick up a sweet knife sharpener from a company out of Wadsworth

1 - 16 of 16 Posts