Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· The pugs keeper
5,959 Posts
eagle river area. I can not say for this year yet but the last few have been down rite crumy. We have been in herd control for several years and this year are finally out of it. dont think thats much of a good sign for more deer sightings. If the dnr thinks its lower i can only guess it got worse.

· Registered
3,185 Posts
It has been fairly slow around Shawano on the public land. It did seem to pick up yesterday though as I saw some deer and my other friend saw 9.

· Registered
276 Posts
Central Wisconsin. Adams County to be exact. Dont expect to see much. After the flooding in Fond Du Lac (I hunt public land here during the week/live there) all the heavy cover is gone. They have EAB. And two T-Zones with the low cover it will be no good after the first T-Zone coming up. Apparently theres not enough deer being killed when there arent that many deer to kill. But thats the WDNR for you.

· Registered
753 Posts
eagle river area. I can not say for this year yet but the last few have been down rite crumy. We have been in herd control for several years and this year are finally out of it. dont think thats much of a good sign for more deer sightings. If the dnr thinks its lower i can only guess it got worse.
i cant agree, we have land in eagle river area too, but we see tons of deer!!

its private land with food plots, but in outagamie county where i live i have only been seeing about 2-5 every night out, not very many rubs, but a lot of scrapes!

· Registered
63 Posts
Oneida county I'm From Rhinelander. Lots of deer sign around here. I was in the Northen half of the county on saterday. Lots of acorns up there, with lots of sign. But it is all at night. There is alot of guys hunting the oaks and the deer knows this. Down by Elcho there are alot of deer with alot of big bucks. I think down there baited stands are a must with fewer oaks down were I hunt. I think it's going to be hard to get a buck down there this year with more does then bucks. I'm sure there are places down there,where the buck to does are the other way.

I have been hunting 3 or 4 times a week and have seen 3 deer during shooting hours. I was out yesterday and check stands and found to scrapes and I big rub line.

· The pugs keeper
5,959 Posts
i cant agree, we have land in eagle river area too, but we see tons of deer!!

its private land with food plots, but in outagamie county where i live i have only been seeing about 2-5 every night out, not very many rubs, but a lot of scrapes!
So thats where all my deer went! ha. Could you please let a few go so they can wander over my way! just joking. good luck to ya.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.