Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for hunters in the northern part of the state. Please feel free to post pictures of your deer.

I am finally starting to hit it hard this year. Leaves are changing colors and beginning to fall. A cold front is moving in and the first frost i suspect is around the corner. Stands are set and I'm excited for hopefully another great season. I will be hunting northwest Missouri for the next 3 days.

I will try and keep this post updated throughout the season with what I see going on in the Northwest part of the state. Hopefully others will share their experiences as well and share information.

What activity are you seeing? Any scrapes yet? Rubs? When are you catching the deer moving?

·
Registered
647 Posts
I just spend last week around hermann and as expected movement was slow. I never saw a single deer in the mornings and had a couple fairly cool ones. All movement was limited to final 15 minutes of light. It was a battle of mind power to stay in the stand. I went 4 days without seeing a single deer and I was on a top managed farm. I pulled all the stops and used climber and ground blind and tried plenty of ol' faithful stands. Hunted transition routes,food, and water. I shot one but it was rough even for the lull. I did many rub lines and starts of scrapes but it was super dry and ground was hard. Good luck

·
Up a Tree.......
3,315 Posts
I am headed up tomorrow. So far this season my experience is if you have acorns on the ground or falling they are there. Walked up a stud going to the stand a week ago and he was eating acorns. Seen deer as soon as I got up and settled and that's with jumping that buck and a doe. Still getting good bucks on the cams during daylight but I have not been in the right place at the right time. We all know that feeling. Was finding rubs and just a couple scrapes, but with the cold front coming in, it should have them out checking things out, I imagine there will be scrapes popping up everywhere this weekend.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good info guys. I had a 2 day sit two weeks ago. I hunt a big block of timber with neighboring corn and bean fields. Saw several does within the first hour. One decent little buck was bedded near my stand and got up and moving around 10 am. He was by himself. Haven't seen many scrapes yet. Evening hunts were much slower. After dark the alfalfa field was covered in deer though but no bucks. Looking forward to more activity this weekend. It's going to be in the 30's a couple mornings. I'll keep everyone posted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.