Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How loud are these bows?
i shoot a Hoyt vector 35, it is better than the bows i had back in the day.

i was looking at a elite but then came across new breed.
i think i would like to try a Cyborg. i looked for newer bows that were longer than 35" when i got this HOYT but did not see any i liked.
its not easy finding a 37 or 38" A to A hunting bow with a 31" draw these days.

looking for Quite, smooth, dead in hand and easy to hold on target. at 300 plus fps.

Comments please.
thanks

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I dont own a cyborg but I imagine it has all the qualities you're looking for as my new breed eclipse does and its just a couple of inches shorter but has all what you're looking for. Most people that own or have owned a cyborg speak highly of them. New Breed makes great bows and customer service is better than momma's cookin' :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Take a good look at the cyborg or eclipse, both under 4lbs and you won't find quieter bows. I shoot both of mine with only the stock bowjax dampener on the string stop rod. No added rubber on the strings or limbs. Draw and hold on target need to be experienced.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate the reply's. i be leave with the 38" A to A it will have a better sting angle for my long draw length , putting the peep closer to my eye ,take that peep hole down a step and then i can start using the nose to string for a anchor point again. i think this will help me clean things up a bit .
and it should feel more natural to me. i was use to shooting 38 and 40" bows before i got back in to archery last year.
with a 35 " A to A i have to tilt my head down to touch the string. and it mess's with my form.
i remember getting my first 38" bow and my buddy and i having a talk about it being to short...LOL
my how time changes things huh.
but anyway thats why i am looking at the cyborg.

Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I see some good deals from time to time on the classifieds here on cyborgs and as long as it has the right cam that covers the range your specific draw length they are easy to get mods for to get it right where you need it. I'm waiting to see what New Breed releases at the ATA show and try to test drive one and see what I think. I would really like to get one of their new models with the fluted riser and the titanium hardware throughout is an awesome feature on the new models that my older model new breeds don't have.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Funny.
what do you like about your cyborg over your Hoyt???
I have a Eclipse not the Cyborg but what I like about the bow is the smooth draw cycle and higher left off than Hoyt.
I found the back wall on the Hoyts on the spongy side especially when shooting bt.
NB's back wall is rock solid! Dual draw stops.
I have owned Elites in the past and the draw is very comparable.
Grip is much more repeatable on the NB imho.
The bows are very light and attention to detail is top notch.
It took me awhile to pull the trigger on buying one and I have never been happier.
Since purchasing my NB I have sold my Hoyt Contender Elite as well as my Mathews DLD.
Currently using my Matrix for hunting only because it was setup, bh tuned and ready to go.
That being said, Cyborg will be the next bow joining my stable in the very near future.

·
Bow kill fanatic
2,316 Posts
I have a 2014 Cyborg hanging in the shop if you are interested!

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
I have a Eclipse not the Cyborg but what I like about the bow is the smooth draw cycle and higher left off than Hoyt.
I found the back wall on the Hoyts on the spongy side especially when shooting bt.
NB's back wall is rock solid! Dual draw stops.
I have owned Elites in the past and the draw is very comparable.
Grip is much more repeatable on the NB imho.
The bows are very light and attention to detail is top notch.
It took me awhile to pull the trigger on buying one and I have never been happier.
Since purchasing my NB I have sold my Hoyt Contender Elite as well as my Mathews DLD.
Currently using my Matrix for hunting only because it was setup, bh tuned and ready to go.
That being said, Cyborg will be the next bow joining my stable in the very near future.
My bad...brain fart. I have the Cyborg....want the Eclipse.:confused:

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the offer Hobbs ,
but it will be after Christmas before i buy anything....LOL
and then i would have to go shoot one first. there is a shop about a hour from me i hope to go shoot it side by side with my hoyt.

Hillbilly i seen that in your Signature that's why i said that....LOL

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
I doubt that there's a newer bow on the market that is noticeably louder than the next. Deer are much more likely to react to the arrow coming at them than the thud from a bow.

Buy/shoot what feels best to you regardless of "noise".

·
Registered
913 Posts
I doubt that there's a newer bow on the market that is noticeably louder than the next. Deer are much more likely to react to the arrow coming at them than the thud from a bow.

Buy/shoot what feels best to you regardless of "noise".
What? Your joking right?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've been shooting an instructors Genetix and he also has a Cyborg. Although I have not shot the Cyborg he states that if you closed your eyes and just shot you wouldn't know the difference between the two. I've been VERY impressed with the Genetix and would like to find a used one to pick up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts